My Best Friend

"Stiles, what do you know that we don't?" Isaac asked, walking closer to Stiles

Stiles felt his head getting dizzy and his legs go weak. He stumbled backwards, falling onto the wall beside him. He slumped, letting himself slide down the wall until he was sitting, his knees to his chest. "Will called me the night he died." Stiles whispered.

Isaac became confused. "We knew that, Stiles. He called all of you." Isaac said and Stiles looked up at Isaac. His cheeks were red and covered in tear streaks. "But I picked up." Stiles muttered, terrified of his own words especially when his voice cracked.

Isaac blinked in shock at Stiles's words. He's blinks being more frantic before he finally stopped. "What?" He asked and Stiles looked away again. He pulled his lips into aline and clenched his jaw. "Donovan attacked me that night. You and my dad were right. He was a chimera." He said and Isaac wasn't surprised by the fact that Donovan was a chimera, but one word caught his attention. "Was?"

"He chased me up the scaffolding in the library and a piece of it fell and impaled him." Stiles whispered. He started to shake his head and look up at Isaac, mad at himself. "I was so terrified and in shock that when I picked up Will's call. I wasn't in my head. I was... I was having an attack. I couldn't hear a single thing he said. And so I hung up on him."

He tried to come for me for help and I pushed him away. He was scared and alone during all of it. I wasn't there."

"Stiles..." Isaac started, going to walk up to the boy, but Stiles flinched. Isaac immediately stopped. He stepped back as Stiles continued to shake his head. "He died alone. I hung up on him, and then he died."

It was quiet between the three boys for almost a minute before Stiles looked up at Theo, his saddened features now contorted into confusion. "How did you know?" He asked.

Isaac turned to Theo at the question. Theo looked back and forth between Isaac and Stiles before keeping his eyes on Stiles. "I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down. You saw him. Just the body." Theo explained before he looked to the ground and sighed. "I watched you answer the phone and then hang up almost immediately after. And then I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you saw, and I didn't say anything because you didn't."

Before Stiles could open his mouth to ask Theo another question, police sirens echoed throughout the streets leading to the hospital. Isaac looked over the edge of the roof and could faintly see blue and red lights flashing. "We should get out of here." Isaac whispered and Theo nodded, starting to walk off of the roof.

"We can't just leave him!" Stiles yelled. making Isaac turn around from the edge of the roof and Theo turn around from the door.

"Fine. All right, let's take him." Theo said and Isaac nodded, liking the plan. He and Theo both started walking towards the boys body as Stiles watched the two of them with wide eyes. Isaac shrugged at Stiles's look. "Someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? Here's our chance to find out who."