Believe Him

After doing crazy research and asking the pack about Liam's family history, Stephanie and Isaac were sure that Liam was Isaac's brother

Stephanie and Isaac told Scott about the situation and Scott immediately wanted to help. Since Stephanie and Isaac couldn't invite Liam over to Stephanie's house since Stephanie's parents were still grieving the loss of their son and they couldn't go to Liam's on the off chance that his mom would recognize Isaac.

Scott invited Liam over, telling him it was an emergency—which it was and let the three of them talk in his living room. Liam was confused as to why he was called to Scott's to only see Isaac and Stephanie there waiting for him.

After a long talk, they had finally realized what happened. To get away from their father, Liam and Isaac's mom took Liam away from Beacon Hills and moved him a couple of towns over when he was two, not having time to get Isaac who was four and Camden who was eleven out of the house. Since Liam was so young, he didn't remember much about Isaac, Camden, or his dad. Their mom decided to change Liam's last name to her maiden name Dunbar.

After looking at the timeline, the three of them figured out out that the boys mom, Liam, and her new husband, David Geyer could've moved back into Beacon Hills after hearing about the news of Mr. Lahey's passing.

Around the time that Liam was back in Beacon Hills and going to high school with Isaac, the pack was so caught up in fighting the Oni and Void, they never crossed paths. And right when Liam finally joins the pack, Isaac and Stephanie leave for Paris.

Stephanie removed herself out of the conversation after a while. She still sat on the couch with Isaac and across from Liam, but she wanted the boys to have a chance to talk to each other one on one.

When she felt her phone vibrate, Stephanie pulled her phone out of her back pocket and saw she got a text from Lydia.

know you're at scott. i'm almost there w stiles. meet me outside now.

Stephanie sighed, putting her phone back in her pocket. She turned to Isaac and put a hand on his shoulder. Isaac turned his head as Stephanie started to get up. "I have to head out." Stephanie muttered, kissing Isaac's cheek as she got up.

"Where are you going?" Isaac asked, his eyes glued onto his girlfriend as she walked around the couch and towards the door. When Stephanie was behind Isaac, she looked at the back of his head and Liam who sat across from him.

"Lydia texted saying she's on her way to pick me up. She probably needs some help with looking for that nemeton thingy." Stephanie said and Isaacs brows furrowed. He looked around at Stephanie with a confused look. "That tree stump from like... the beginning of junior year?" Isaac asked and Stephanie nodded, her lips pressed together. "Yep."

She lifted her head and smiled at Liam. "See ya, kiddo." She said. Liam rolled his eyes at the nickname as Stephanie leaned down to kiss the top of Isaac's head. "I'll be back. I love you." She said and before she could kiss the top of Isaac's head, Isaac looked up and his lips met Steph's. "I love you." He whispered back.