Stop Your Rambling

The next morning, Will, Stiles, and Lydia headed to the station to talk to Parrish

When they got there, they found Parrish at his desk. The man looked up and Parrish, guessing what the kids wanted, sighed as he placed the files in his hands on his desk. "The Sheriff and Deputy Saticoy should be back within the hour. You want to wait in the Sheriffs office?"

"Actually, we want to talk to you. Privately." Will said, making Parrish freeze. He turned around to look at the three and when they nodded, he sighed, leading them to the Sheriff's office.

Once they were all in, Lydia closed to the door and Stiles pulled out the deadpool from the night prior, folding it so Parrish's name wasn't seen as he showed him the other names.

Parrish's eyes widened, looking from the deadpool to the teens. "This is a hit list?"

Will shrugged, scrunching his nose slightly. "We call it a Dead Pool. Recognize any of the names?" Parrish looked back down at the deadpool before looking back up at the teens, nodding. "Yeah. The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. But we couldn't find any of them."

Lydia sighed, turning to Stiles and nodding. "Show him the other thing." Stiles looked between Will and Lydia and when both of them nodded, Stiles took the deadpool back from Parrish, unfolding it to show him his name, a 5 beside it.

Parrish straightened up, looking at the paper with wide eyes. "Okay. That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?" He asked, looking up at the teens.

"That's how much you're worth." Stiles said and Parrish's jaw dropped. "I'm worth five dollars?!"

Will's eyes shut, huffing before opening his eyes and looking at Parrish with tired eyes. "Million, Parrish. Five million." Parrish's mouth opened and closed before his eyes fell to the paper. "I only make 40,000 a year. Maybe I should kill myself."

Will squinted, pursing his lips as he shook his head. "Yeah... I don't think that's how that works."

"I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?" Parrish asked, looking up from the deadpool to the teens. Stiles sighed, crossing his arms as he shook his head. "Honestly, that might be a question for another day. Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."

"And we need the third cipher key." Will said, making Lydia sigh, adding on. "But we need help getting it."

"From who?" Parrish asked and Lydia shuffled slightly, not letting the man's eyes. "Meredith." She mumbled, making Parrish's eyes widen. "The girl from Eichen? The last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown."

Stiles and Will both whipped their heads to Lydia, Will looking at the girl with wide eyes. "Uh... What?" He asked, making Lydia turn tot he two boys, glaring slightly. "Almost. Almost gave her a breakdown. Now, let's go." She said before walking out of the office.