So Many Signs

By the time Stephanie and Stiles woke up, the body was gone

Theo had flipped Roscoe over as Isaac sat with Stephanie and Stiles against the clinic wall, taking their pain much to both of their dismays.

Theo turned around to the three teens. His shoulders slumped and he sighed at the sight of Stiles and Stephanie. He took slow strides towards them with a glum look.

"We should get you two to the hospital." He said and Isaac turned to face Stephanie. Her forehead was bleeding and she was swaying a little bit.

"You guys took in a lot of smoke." Theo added and Stephanie sighed. She knew Theo was right. She felt horrible. Stephanie slowly nodded, squeezing Isaac's hand tighter. "Yeah. Yeah, let's go." She muttered.

Isaac instantly shot up and gently pulled Stephanie up with him. Stephanie's feet wobbled slightly once she was standing and Isaac grabbed her waist to keep her steady.

As Theo walked up to Stiles to help him up, the police radio from the Jeep started to static, a faint voice being heard. Stephanie's brows furrowed as Stiles ran towards his Jeep, Theo right behind him. "Suspect in 1-8-7 is in custody and en route to station. Suspect's name is Yukimura, Kira."

Stephanie slowly started to walk towards the Jeep after hearing "1-8-7" and her pace sped when she's heard Kira's name right after. Theo looked between Stiles and Stephanie with furrowed brows, noticing their scared faces. "What's a 1-8-7?" He asked and Stephanie let out a small breath. "Homicide."

...

While waiting for updates on Kira at Scott's house, Stephanie found out that not only did Liam and Hayden get taken by the Dread Doctors, but that there is a new chimera named Corey. Lydia, Stephanie, and Mason sat in Scott's room with the boy. They had explained as much as they knew to him and gave him the book to read, hoping hidden memories would be brought back to light.

Corey looked up at the three teens watching him eagerly. Stephanie knew he was never. She didn't blame him. He was thrown into this and now three teens, two of them he hardly knew, were staring at him as he tried to read a book.

Corey let out an uncomfortable laugh, looking down at the book in his hands before he looked back up at Lydia, Stephanie, and Mason. "Sorry, I'm only on chapter two... I'm kind of a slow reader." He breathed out. Stephanie smiled, shaking her head reassuringly as she tried to hold back a small laugh. "Oh, that's okay, Corey." She said as Scott ran into the room.

Stephanie's brows furrowed at the boys wide eyes. "He's right. We don't have time for that anyway." Scott muttered. He hastily walked up to Corey and before any of the three could stop him, he let his claws grow and jammed them into the back of Corey's neck.

"Scott!" Stephanie screamed as Isaac, Stiles, Malia, and Theo ran up the stairs, their eyes widening at the sight. Mason went to run up to Scott, but Lydia stuck her arm out, stopping him. "Don't get too close." She whispered.