Trial two 4

Y/N POV: "While I do understand where you are coming from, I assure you this is just...a part of your petty imagination! An empty theory from nihilism! If it were solely the rope and partition... I suppose five minutes might be enough time. I accept that. However... The crux of your argument is naught but a guess. You continue to force facts to confirm your misguided narrative. When you consider that the crux of your argument is faulty...your entire case falls apart!" Kirumi yelled. "...Explain this to me, what d-do you mean by crux of the argument? How is it just a guess?" I questioned. "I am referring to the rope. Now, with that rope... It is possible to reach the gym window to the third-floor window. But there is no evidence to indicate this had happened!" Kirumi yelled. "I-I have evidence! The abrasions left on the window frames at the gym and the lab." I said. "Were those scratches from when the rope was tied to the window frame?" Kaito questioned. "No, just tying the rope to the frame wouldn't cause so much damage. The rope that was tied to the frames must have been weighed down significantly. The frames didn't break, but they were left with distinct marks." Shuichi explained for me. "Those scratches are proof that you used a rope to carry the body to the windowsill." Kiibo said. I felt a sense of guilt start to form, if Kirumi is the culprit then I would be partly responsible for sending her to her death, I'm sorry Kirumi. 

"Oh? What's wrong, Kirumi? What's wrong, what's wrong, what's wrong!? Hey, what's wrong? Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!?" Kokichi yelled. "Is Kirumi quiet cuz...cuz that's what happened?" Gonta questioned. "Please answer us, Kirumi! Shuichi and Y/N are doing this for your sake-" "If it is for my sake...then it would be much easier to forfeit... But I cannot allow that! Because I must do this for everyone!" Kirumi yelled. I felt a much larger rush of guilt come over me, I can't just argue with someone like this, I don't want to send someone to their death, I'm...too much of a coward to do so. "I have...a duty and a responsibility... I must serve everyone and protect them... So I refuse to surrender! They won't forgive me if I do!" Kirumi yelled, her face burning up with anger. Everyone? What does she mean by that? Her response to all of this seems so very genuine, I...don't think I can do this. I can't argue with her, I can't just...hurt her. 

"Hey, Kirumi... Who exactly is this 'everyone' you're talking about? I've just...got a weird feeling about this. When you said 'everyone,' it felt like you weren't talking about us... It felt like...you were talking about someone who isn't here." Kaito said. "...Someone who isn't here?" Maki questioned. Kirumi's face darkened, she looked like she had just gotten caught but refused to give up. "Someone outside of the academy?" Angie said. "Hey... Do you think Kirumi saw her own motive video?" Kokichi questioned, a finger to his lip. I felt my blood run cold. "Huh!? Her own motive video!?" Miu yelled. "You saw your important someone in danger...so you committed murder, right?" Kokichi said. "Is that...true?" Himiko sweat dropped. "I am so sorry for making such a mess... Because of that, I made all of you assume something unnecessary." Kirumi said, her anger and hostility from just a moment ago completely gone. "...Unnecessary?" Tenko said. "Are you saying I'm wrong? This 'everyone' you're talking about-" "Is is all of you, of course." Kirumi answered over the top of Kaito. That can't be right, the way she said it, it must be a lie, but...something in me just wants to believe in her, she's been so very kind to everyone here, I just don't want to believe it. "Really? You swear to Atua?" Angie questioned. "Yes, really... So please believe me. I am not the culprit. I don't care what becomes of me, but I will not allow any of you to die. Because I made a promise to Kaede. She wished for all of us to escape together. I want to fulfill my duties as the Ultimate Maid. I wish to serve everyone. So, please believe me! You have to!" Kirumi yelled, her voice now filled with sorrow as tears began to make their way down her face. I felt awful, was I really a part of causing this much pain to someone? I...told myself at the beginning of arrival here that I wouldn't care if any of them died, but...no one told me that they were truly kind people until the end. I could only look down at my podium sadly.