Investigation before despair 2

Y/N POV: The quick typing on the computer quickly became something beyond normal description and with Monotaro whispering the occasional instruction, I really had no reason to slow down. "I-I'm sorry that I'm not a professional however any computer can be worked with the correct knowledge! B-Books are still better though!" I yelled as I leaned a little closer to the computer and focused my eyes on the masses of words and files and my expression intensified as I focused hard on what I was working on, I needed to get this done in a minute at best and I would hate to keep everyone waiting, we have a limited time to investigate so I have to work faster, faster, FASTER! "Gah! His hands are going at such an intense speed that the friction is creating fire!" Kokichi yelled. "L-Let me work." I told him as I continued to type away, clicking the mouse with my other hand as I did so. "And done! I-It took a little longer than usual, p-perhaps I'm getting a little rusty, h-however I've already analyzed most of the important things." I told them. "Are you really calling that rusty!?" Shuichi yelled in disbelief, I looked away in slight embarrassment, was that praise I was hearing? "U-Uhm, the text file is consistent with the o-original program. I-It doesn't look like it was altered. Oh...I found this, too." I said as I turned the computer screen, rubbing my eyes as I began to feel a slight discomfort at being so close to a bright screen. "Daddy really is the best!" Monotaro praised me, I realized that he was still on my shoulder and brought him down, my opinion on the Monokubs and Monokuma still hasn't changed, I still hate them with every inch of my very soul. 

"This...looks like the information of when everyone logged in and out." Maki pointed out. "Th-There really wasn't any sign that this was altered in any way, either. I-I would say that it's accurate information just don't q-quote me on it." I sweat dropped. "Could you show it to me?" Shuichi asked me. "O-Of course." I answered as I leaned on the computer screen to match his line of sight as I took the opportunity to familiarize myself with the exact times everyone had logged in and out. "Aside from Miu and Y/N, everyone has logged in and out once..." Maki pointed out. "Then it would appear that no one secretly logged out and then logged back in." Shuichi said. Like I had expected Kaito had logged out an hour before everyone else did, however I already know that it couldn't be him so what's the point in worrying about such things? I sighed to myself tiredly as I stood back up properly from my previous leaning state. "I-I would also like to talk about something else that I found whilst I was analyzing the program. It looked as if some parts of the program were rewritten." I said. "The program's been rewritten?" Shuichi questioned. "Obviously, Miu was the only person capable of doing that. So, which files did she rewrite and what did she change?" Kokichi asked me. "W-Well I could do that...unfortunately it's g-going to take a little b-bit of time." I answered. "Well, as long as it's done by the class trial. Then Shuichi will be able to avenge Miu." Kokichi said much to my surprise, I would've thought he was going to make fun of my abilities, although I guess he can't really be talking being how he probably couldn't work a computer for the life of him. "...I-I'll do what I can, I p-promise I'll get it done." I said. "Ah-haha, you're more reliable than I gave you credit for, Y/N!" Kokichi told me. "Th-Thank...you?" I sweat dropped, was that the best compliment he could've thought of? Even just saying nothing would've been better. "...Yeah, way more than you." Maki shot at Kokichi. I guess it's nice to know that someone appreciates my efforts. 

"Are you not joining us for the rest of the investigation, Y/N?" Shuichi asked me. "No, sorry. If I take a break from my work then Kokichi will yell at me." I sighed as I hesitantly began working on the computer, I felt Monotaro jump on my shoulder again and let out a happy squeal of excitement, he said something about us having the real father and son bond, I tried not to get distracted from my work and I just nodded along, I felt like I was back in my earlier years getting constantly yelled at by my father for not completing something, even when he tried his best to keep me away from computers he still had me recite programs of all kinds just to keep me educated on everything, he didn't want me to be clueless on anything, of course, I'm no professional or anything when it comes to computers however I'm quite knowledgeable when it comes to them, it's not like I want anything to do with computers anyway, they're quite annoying to deal with, everybody at my old school only ever dropped by at the library I worked at for the computers, almost no one ever reads a book normally like their supposed to, it's one of the very few things that annoy me.