20- Fugitives

(This is what Nadia's suit looks like^^)

4 Days Later

Nadia looked down at the small burner phone in her hand. She contemplated whether or not she wanted to do this, since it's almost been two months since she's last contacted her best friend.

Taking a deep breath, she bit the inside of her cheek and dialed the number. The phone began to ring as she waited anxiously for her to answer.

Fortunately the ringing stopped as the other line was filled with rustling and the soft voice of her best friend "Hello?".

Nadia stood silent for a few seconds "Mick, it's me".

On the other line Micky almost dropped her phone, her heart speeding up "N-Nadia? Is that you?"

The young girl let out a small laugh, tears building up in her eyes "Yeah, it's me. Though it's kinda weird hearing you say my full name".

"Jesus christ, your..are you alright?!" Mickey almost exclaimed.

"I'm...alright for the most part. I miss you"

"Not as much as I miss you. Do you know how scared I was when I saw you on TV again? You being wanted and on the run with Captain America?!" Micky said, sighing "Dammit, it's almost like I'm looking at a whole another person who looks like my best friend.."

"I'm still me, Mick I just..." Nadia trailed off "..I just couldn't reveal everything to you or to anyone outside of the avengers. But I promise you, I was my true self everytime I was with you".

Tears started to fall down Micky's cheeks as she sniffles "Am I ever going to see you again?".

Nadia stood silent before answering "I don't know".

Micky nodded and smiled sadly "I understand, too dangerous. Just..." She paused "...Just remember that I'll always love you okay?".

Her best friend's words cause Nadia to break. She placed the phone on her chest as she silently cried for a few moments before taking a deep breath, placing the phone back to her ear "I-I love you more. No matter what, you will always be my best friend".

"And y-you mine".

Not being able to take it much longer, Nadia quickly hung up and tossed the burner phone to the side with her powers.

Nadia quickly wiped her tears once she heard a knock on the door. She sniffled and exhaled "Come in".

The door opened and revealed Natasha. She sent her a lopsided smile "Who's got you tearing up?".

Nadia sighed and shook her head, looking down "Just called Micky..."

Natasha nodded her head, understanding and smiling at her "Well maybe what I'm about to show you will make you feel a little bit better".

The young girl furrowed her eyebrows, making Nat snort "Just come with me".

The two women leave the room and walk into Shuri's lab. Standing there already was Steve, T'Challa and Shuri.