A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true. - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You plopped yourself down on the hospital's cold tiled floor.

Tears streamed down your face.

This isn't happening. You buried your head in your arms.

The red light on top of the surgery room kept on blinking.

"Hiro! Hiro!" You frantically called with the team behind you

You saw Yokai's microbots covering him.

"No!" You shouted.

The fight lasted longer without Hiro's great planning. But Yokai retreated with several injuries.

"Come on. Say something." You placed your ear over your boyfriend's lifeless body.

But you couldn't hear a beat.

~

You looked at your watch. It has been 10 hours. Aunt Cass and everybody else has gone home to either freshen up or to rest.

You refused to take a break, let alone go home. You changed out of your suit to comfortable clothes your parents brought to the hospital for you.

The light finally went off.

You scrambled up to your feet.

"May we know what relation you have to Mr Hamada miss?" The surgeon asked, with his assitant beside him.

"His girlfriend." You replied.

"Is his parents here?" The surgeon asked.

They passed away when he was 4. Don't you read records?

"They passed away when he was 4." You replied.

"Any others?" He asked.

"His brother passed away last year. And his aunt is at home, she's coming over soon." You replied.

"Okay. There's good news and bad news." He said slowly.

"The surgery was successful. He's currently in coma." He informed.

"Thank you! What else?" You exclaimed in relief.

"We don't know whether he'll ever wake up." He said.

"W-W-What?" Your voice turning to a whisper. Color left your face.

"That's all. Thank you." The surgeon and his assistant left you grabbing on the edge of a chair for support.

You couldn't feel your legs.

It's not happening. Just a dream. Not happening. Just a dream. You repeated in your mind.

But you knew very well it wasn't a dream.

~

You sat a the edge of the hospital bed. Tears rimmed at the corners of your eyes.

It has been almost a year and he still hasn't woke up.

"Hi handsome." You smiled and held his lifeless hand lying on the bed.

The doctor told you that he could hear what was happening in his surroundings, but he can't respond.

"I had a dream last night." You continued.