Cabin dust

Sorry for mistakes, enjoy :)

"Wanna do something today? No one needs your help now." I fiddled with my fingers, I've tried endlessly to get my boyfriends attention since we got here. "I'm going on a run today." He mumbled from his bed side, I stood in the doorway with a frown.

"What run?" I asked, a little disappointed. "Just one by myself." He answered back. He had a careless tone, not really affected by any of his own words. "Can I come? I can help." I bit my lip and moved a little closer. "No y/n, I don't want you getting hurt. Plus, I need some time alone." He grumbled, seeming annoyed.

"Sorry Carl.. I just wish you'd pay attention to me a little." I whispered as I headed for the steps down the hallway. I heard a loud sigh of frustration before I felt him push past me. "You give Enid plenty of attention." I mumbled as he hit my shoulder. He stopped to glare at me when he reached the bottom stair. "Don't start with me today y/n, I just need time to adjust to my settings."

"Yeah. Okay." I scoffed as I walked down to meet him face to face. "Did you need time when you were playing videos games, or at the party when the only thing you said to me was 'I'm hanging with the boys tonight', or when you followed Enid outside the walls." He seemed taken back by my last remark. "Yeah. Our houses are side by side, you think I don't see you? If you need so much time to adjust, why can't- why- ugh, why won't you give my any affection anymore?!" I groaned frustratedly before walking out the door. He didn't follow after me so I assumed he just didn't care anymore.
Part of me said you need to end it, another part said

'you love him. He has been there since the very beginning. You grew up together, he's tried in all his might to make sure you're protected. He just needs a little time, he's not used to it. Give him time, he'll come around'

Of course my mind pushed towards the second option.

If he needs time alone then whatever. I mean I need time alone too. I don't have to hang out with him. I'll go on my own run. Maybe he's right, it's good to spend time alone.

I share a house with Carol, since I'm an orphan. It's right beside Carl's so I found myself in my room pretty quickly. I pulled a granola bar and water into one of my old bags, also adding in a gun that Carol snuck and an extra pair of clothes. It's just in case. I grabbed my large knife, shifting it in my pocket and underneath my shirt.

Heaven knows they don't let children go out the gates on their own so I guess I'm sneaking out like the others do.

I walked to our back door and looked around for any figures. No one. I cautiously pushed forward across the backyard and to the walls, using my knife as a step like Enid did.

When I reached the top, I could see Carl walking along side Ron and Mikey back to the walls. I rolled my eyes, pulling my feet to the other side to climb down. I need to be alone my ass.

My feet dropped to the ground from a couple of feet as the boys reached me. "What are you doing out here?" Carl asked right away. "Going on a run." I mumbled not keeping eye contact.

"Not by yourself." He replied coldly and I scoffed at him. "Weren't you supposed to be alone? You wanted space, remember?" I glared at him but his sapphire blue eyes made me melt.

"Well.. They needed to learn how to kill walkers. Just incase. I thought-" Carl started but Ron interrupted him. "He just wanted to help us out, we'll be going now, thanks again Carl." He smiled, dragging Mikey to the wall so they could climb over. I know they weren't craving any drama and wanted to get out as quickly as possible.

I headed off towards the woods, I could hear the crunching of leaves behind me and silently cursed before whipping around. "Carl. Leave. I need space too." I huffed. "No. You shouldn't be out here alone." He coughed a little awkwardly but still sounded demanding. "No I'm annoyed enough as it is with you. You don't ever want to hang out with your girlfriend and you lie about wanting to be alone but don't care to sneak off with Enid or the boys. It hurts my feelings and the only way I can get your attention is apparently to wonder off by myself." I started to look everywhere but his eyes.