Jealousy

"Guys, we've found a girl. She's on her own and we're gonna let her stay with us, her camp just went down." Rick announced, as a girl came out behind him.

I was standing next to Carl when I automatically remembered those facial features. "Cassidy?" I was shocked. She was too. "Y/n?"

"You know eachother?" Michonne asked, furrowing her eyebrows together. "We went to school together, at Fortfard elementary. About fifth grade when the apocalypse broke out right? We'd be in high school now. We were best friends." She smiled walking towards me.

She pulled me into a hug. After she pulled back, she turned to Carl. "Hi I'm Cassidy." She smiled, her tongue between her teeth as she shook his hand. He smiled back and told her his name.

I felt jealousy burn inside my body. I had a big crush on Carl and now I'd have competition. She was a lot prettier than me, I felt that way at least. Only thing I had better against her were my boobs and I doubt that would help.

-------------

"We're back!" Michonne smiled walking in. Rick, Michonne, Sasha and I went on a run for supplies. It only took a couple of hours. "Where's carl?" I asked and Gabriel pointed to one of the rooms.

I began to follow it, stopping by it to hear laughing and giggling. They were together and my heart was aching. I pushed through the door with a Frown on my face. I couldn't help it. "Hey y/n! How was the run girly?" Carl smiled.

I felt a little better at his enthusiasm towards me, and my frown turned into a small smile. "It was good. Got some good supplies. A lot, they're unloading right now." I informed him.

I could feel Cassidy glaring at me. She moved closer to Carl on the couch and it ached my stomach to see it. Carl didn't really notice it, or I don't think he did. Tyreese opened the door, peeking his head in. "Cassidy, Rick needs you for a second." He smiled closing the door back.

She popped up from her seat and as soon as she left I took her spot. I really want to tell Carl I have feelings to get him first but how am I to do that. I'm afraid he won't like me back and nothing will be the same.

We began talking and laughing too when she returned to the room. I felt her icy cold stare on us. Then she turned it into a sly smile. "Hey Carl, would you mind helping me out with these wooden posts outside. They asked me to remove it, but I'm not strong enough. I need a strong man like you."

"Sure." He began to sit up. I wanted to smack her. I don't remember how I could be best friends with her. Then again, it was fifth grade, and things have changed. People have changed.

She was smirking at me, when Carl stopped right beside her. He turned back to look at me. "Y/n, Aren't you comin?" He asked. I returned the smirk at her and said of course, standing up and walking with them to the back of the church.

I helped with moving the wood, most of it. Cassidy got called to the church again for something. Carl leaned up against the walls and motioned me to come towards him. "Don't you just miss the older days?" He smiled, looking out. I assumed he was reminiscing on his childhood. The good part.

"All the time." I replied. "Well, sometimes I do. Then I also don't." He replied. I gave him a questioning look. He chuckled at my expression, then a soft smile came across his gorgeous face. "Judith wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have all these people I care about. And," he smiled again, "I would've never met you."

A crimson red flushed my cheeks. He began to move in towards me. Staring at my lips, then my eyes. My heart beat sped up, my adrenalin kicked in. His lips were just about to brush mine when I heard that annoying voice.

She seemed mad, she spoke in a hushed sort of tone. "Y/n, wanna take a walk?"

"Um. No thanks, I don't wanna put myself in danger or anything." I tried to fake a smile at her.

"Don't worry, I 'll be here when you get back." Carl smiled at me. Disappointment and anger went towards Cassidy. I put on a smile towards Carl. "Okay." I replied as I began to walk next to her.

------
She kept a conversation with me for a while. It wasn't at all mean like I would've suspected. Maybe she wasn't all that bad? "Hey we're getting a little far out. We should head back." I began to turn around.

"Stop right there." I could hear an evil grin on her voice. I turned around, she was pointing a gun at me. I only had a knife in my pocket. "W-why are you trying to kill me?" I asked. I was a little panicked but I tried not to show it.

"I saw you, leaning in for that kiss." She crept towards me, teasing with her gun, "you see, I have needs too. I'm a teenage girl, and it's the first time I've saw a boy my age in a while, and luckily enough, he's amazingly cute."

She stepped right up next to me, I could smell her nasty breath. We all had nasty breath most of the time, but hers had a little more disgust in it. She slowly crept her gun up to my forehead. "I'm not going to let you get in the way of my chances." She growled at me, she began to say something else but I quickly slapped the gun out of her hand.

It laid on the ground a few feet and I began to scurry for it, I felt a sharp pain in the leg from her boots. She kicked me. I fell onto my knees, as she tried to get it. I pulled her leg down and she fell too, turning around to punch me across the face.

She got ahold of the gun and stood up. I could hear her laughing quietly to herself, too bad for her. When she turned around, her face went pale white. Her mouth formed into an 'o' shape as she looked down at the knife that was gaping in her stomach.

I pulled it out, breathing heavily as she fell to her knees. I could hear her gurgling up blood as she looked up at me in terror. "It didn't have to be this way," I started to cry, "we all change, for good and for bad. But I know the old you, I promise not to let you turn." I began to cry.

"Y/n!" I heard Carl cry out running towards me. He held me in a hug as I cried. I watched her eyes close and slowly turned my tears into soft hiccups. I bent down and lunged the knife into her head.

"I didn't want to Carl I promise but she tried to kill me." I swore, I felt that the group were gonna disown me.

"I know. She left me a note and it said that she wanted to be with me so she'd do me a favor. I ran out here but the only thing I heard was what you said to her. Don't worry. You're amazing y/n."

He wiped my last tear and leaned in to kiss me. Our lips touched and it lasted a couple of minutes. "Carl! Y/n!!" I heard Rick, the group showed up with weapons.

Ricks gaze landed on Cassidy. "I-I saw Carl run out. I didn't know what happened." He explained as the group looked at us. They seemed to understand.

Carl explained everything to them as we headed back. That night, I became Carl's girlfriend. And as of right now, I'm in love with him.