How you met

"Mallorie keep up with me." I scolded the ten year old beside me. She was only four years younger, but she was my only company, and I felt that she was my responsibility. Since her father died back at the camp I was staying at, everyone went down. I managed to grab Mallorie at last minute from the biters.

Mal was skilled with guns, but I taught her how to use a cross bow and sword, since those are my two most skilled weapons. The more you know how to use, the safer you are.

As we were walking through the woods I heard moving. We both immediately stopped and aimed towards the source of sound. I was about to shoot until I realized it was a man. He was taller and his ethnicity was African American. He looked injured from the way he limped.

"Woah woah!" He held his hands out as I kept my cross bow up. "Who are you and why are you limping?" I asked, trying to keep a serious and threatening tone for a fourteen year old.

"My name is Noah, and don't worry I'm not limping from a bite. I was trying to escape a hospital, my friend and I tried jumping from an elevator shoot. Hurt my ankle." He told me calmly, putting his hands down once I slowly began to drop my weapon.

"Where's your friend? Biters get er'?" I asked keeping Mallorie close behind me. "No, the group at the hospital got her. What are y'all's names?" He questioned.

"I'm y/n and this is Mallorie, why you runnin from people? I haven't seen people in whats felt like months." I furrowed my eyebrows together but before he could say anything further, we heard another sound in the bushes.

We prepared our weapons as Noah backed up, to see another man with a cross bow come out. He must of heard us talking cause he questioned Noah right away.

"Who's the girl who tried to escape with you?" He asked, holding his cross bow up like Mallorie and I held our weapons at first.

"Her name was Beth." He told him. They exchanged a couple of stories before he told his name. Daryl, and he had a place where his group was holding down. He offered to take us.

I excepted almost right away, It felt good to see more than one person. When we got close, he told us to wait behind the bushes.
"Where's carol?" I heard a women say. Daryl didn't answer her question, he just said "cmon out" and we proceeded.

He explained the story to the women before she told her name. It was Michonne, I liked the two of them. A women with a sword and a man with a crossbow. They walked us into a church building, once again explaining on Noah's behalf.

They weren't as concerned about us two children, thinking we couldn't do much harm compared to an older man. They all introduced theirselves.

"You haven't met my children. They're in that room. My boy is about your age," he pointed at me, then smiled turning to Mal, "bet you girls haven't seen a baby in a while."

Our eyes lit up with excitement, especially Mallorie's. He told us to go in there. I began to knock on the door but no one answered, so I opened it up.

I looked over onto a couch to see the most gorgeous boy I'd seen in a long time. His eyes were closed and a slight snore fell from his lips. He had his arms wrapped around a beautiful baby girl, but she seemed as if she was waking up.

Her eyes fluttered and she began to start crying. Carl didn't wake up from it though, I walked over and began to gently pick her up. I was startled when he quickly jumped and raised his gun at me.

"Who are you?" He questioned grabbing his little sister back. "Oh um, I'm y/n and This is Mallorie." I blushed in pure embarrassment. I looked like a baby thief.

"Rick invited us no worries. Your baby sister was crying and I was going to cheer her up since you were sleeping. Sorry." I murmured looking at my hands.

A small awkward silence slipped in before he began to hand her to me. "Her name is Judith. I'm Carl." He smiled at me, standing up.

Mal tickled the baby in my arms and she began to giggle, making Mal smile and laugh too. "Can I hold her?" She looked at Carl for permission.

"Course, could you take her to get her food. Ask my dad, he'll know where it is. If Yall are hungry I can get some for you too." He gave me questioning eyes as I handed the gorgeous baby to Mal.

"I'm not, we just finished off deer meat I shot last night. Hard to find that source of animal anymore." I said and Mallorie nodded her head, going to the other room.

"Yeah I agree, all these walkers around make it hard to find anything anymore." He chuckled, looking down at me with these bright sparkling blue eyes. I almost forgot to reply.

"We call them biters, but walkers sounds better." I smiled. "We'd make a good team, we're both about the same age. And looks like we'll get along well." He winked and I blushed as we headed to the main room.