sunshine

I usually don't write in this person, but in order to make this imagine sound correct I'm going to. :)

I need you to put on your saddest music! Make a playlist and get ready :))))

Negan had torn down Alexandria and everyone fled. Carl knew that Rick, Judith, and others had made it out so he wasn't as worried as he could've been. You and Carl had made it out together; now walking along side an old road.

"Do you think we'll find them?" Carl ponders, sighing as he watches his feet trotting along the cement. "I'm sure we will," you bite your lip and decide to change the subject, "How long do you think we've been together?"

Carl gives a soft smile and moves in to intwine your fingers with his. "At least a year." He says and looks up into your eyes. You smile back but out of the corner of your eye, you notice a small trail out into the woods.

"Lets go see what's over there." Your excitement gets the best of you as you stop. "Now y/n, I dont know... We don't know what's down that way and it's not safe."

"But what if its a place we can stay?"
He contemplates for a moment and then grabs his gun, groaning as you both head towards the trail. You walk aimlessly into the wooded area, finally reaching a destination.

It's nothing incredible, just an area with cut down trees and a torn house in the trees. It still amuses you and you grab your knife, taking the three steps up to the small shack. You move the curtains across the doorway quickly with intentions on stabbing the first moving thing, but nothing is in there.

"Carl, Come up here!" You grin and climb into the little space. Carl obliges and follows up, huddling up across from you. You both sit on your bottoms, knees pressed to your chest.
"This makes me happy.. Happier."
You giggle at him as if you two are little children.

Wild life has taken over the once manually structured object. Flowers and vines flow through the cracks. It was cloudy today, looking as if it was gonna rain in a couple hours. (If you've ever seen bridge to terribithia or however you spell it, I picture the club house kinda like that.)

Carl grins at you and then looks up at all the flowers, choosing a soft pink one and plucking it off the vine. He moves between your legs, sitting crisscross as your thighs straddle his sides. The young boy places it behind your ear and gives you a quick peck, moving back and staring into your eyes once again.

"You are my sunshineeee, my only sunshine." You playfully sing to him. "You make me happy," carl chimes in and then looks at the clouds, "when skies are grey." You laugh and push at his shoulders so that he falls backwards. You quickly climb down and stand in the grassy area. "Come catch me." You give him your best smirk and he laughs.

"No playing tag, walkers could come around a tree from no where." He says quietly while climbing down. "Not back in the woods, just in this empty grassy area. We can see!" You grin and as he starts for you, you run off around the other side. "Cmon now!" Carl smiles and gives in, chasing after you.

The two of you play like young kids, chasing each other back and forth for a while. You just get so caught up into the beauty around you; not just mother nature's kind forest, but the handsome boy that you love so dearly.
"You're it!" You giggle, running quickly from him. Your head is turning back as you watch him chase you. His face twists in horror but before you can turn around, you feel it.

You turn your head towards the person who caused you this pain. A women with messy hair, and a very dirty face was shaking as she drug the knife up your stomach. She didn't look corrupted; just plain wicked and crazy, like she had gone completely mad as she stared into your eyes. A mental smile etched onto her face. Your mouth gaped open, it felt like it had lasted forever; but in reality, only a moment had gone by before a bullet was through her head.

You felt weak, dropping to your knees. Carl ran so quickly to your side, holding your back as you laid your head against his lap. Tears we're welling up in his eyes.

"No, no no no..." He whispered, trying to cater to your large bloody wound. Blood had found its way to his clothes and hands. You looked at him with pure sadness, revealing that you we're afraid. You gulped and a couple tears rolled down. You kept your mouth open, still in shock that you we're going to leave this world.

Carl could tell that you we're frightened like a small girl. "It's going to be okay y/n!" He cried out, trying to put pressure on your wound. You shook your head sideways to him, innocent eyes gazing at the ocean he had created for his own orbs. You knew this was it.

"No." Is all he could repeat, running his red stained hands through your stringy hair. You hiccuped and blood pooled around your lips. You gave him sad eyes, its the end. He now knew it too, and although he could barely cope, he wanted to make sure you weren't scared.

His eyes grazed over the little flower, still in your hair. "You are my sunshine.. My only sunshine" he sung, muffled through his tears. "You make me happy, when skies are gray." He continued, softly, still running his hands soothingly through your locks.

"You'll never know dear..." His eyes we're blood shot and your body eased against his.
"How much I love you..." He choked on his words, staring in your eyes.  You attempted a smile and softly closed yours, seeing the one thing you loved most before leaving this world. Your heart beat came to a stop, and your body fell completely limp within his arms. He stared at your cold body, breathing softly. You had left him. For the first time ever, Carl was all alone in this world.

"Please don't take my sunshine away."