fight

The prison had just went down due to the governor. We came from Woodbury but I had no clue a man could be so evil. I was thankful for Rick and his group to take me in after the one eyed man shot a group full of troops, including my Aunt. She was the last of family I had left. Well my blood related family, the prison felt like a house full of my family.

I lost everyone at the prison but I caught up with Rick and Carl as they were escaping. We were currently walking down a long dirt road path. Carl was very upset, I didn't ask cause I knew that once they didn't have Judith, that was the reason. He walked far ahead, I would walk at normal pace but Rick had been beaten up pretty bad. I decided to walk slower with him.

He continued to tell carl to slow down every few minutes. Finally Carl stopped and turned to give his dad a death glare, then kept moving. I wasn't sure if Rick had accidentally gotten her killed, but I assumed it because there couldn't be another reason he was so mad. We made it to a neighborhood late in the afternoon. They stopped and looked at a white house, I missed living in my house. Rick ordered us to go in but Carl was already walking to it.

The beaten man yelled at him to slow down once more before we pulled out our weapons. I had learned to use a machete from early on. Michonne taught me all the skills I know. Carl and Rick pulled out their guns and we opened the door, searching for any walkers that could be luring around. Carl headed to the other side of the house and it worried Rick because he began to tell him to come back.

That's when he did the unexpected. It startled me to jump a bit when he banged the wall. "HEY ASSHOLE!" "HEY SHIT FACE!" He yelled in utter disgust, staring straight into his dad's eyes. "Carl!" He yelled back. "If any walkers were in here they would have come out by now" He rolled his eyes at his dad.

We cleared out the house and I began to help Rick look through the kitchen as Carl walked upstairs. I excused myself and headed up to the top floor too. Three rooms were upstairs but i heard a gasp and followed the farthest door to the right. When I walked in, I almost felt like a normal kid again.

It was a boy room of course, but it was nice. The room was a blue shade and it was full of books and Xbox games. I looked over at Carl as he started to pull a cord from the tv. "What are you doin" I asked furrowing my eye brows together. "Pulling out a cord, so I can keep the house safe, my dad's useless and pathetic right now so it's my job."

"You know, I'm sure whatever your dad did, it was an accident. He would never hurt Ju-" "Just shut up and get out y/n! Go do something else besides nag at me for my dad! Find something you're good for and get out." He said the last sentence more calming but he still had no emotion saying it to my face.

Of course it hurt my feelings, I've always thought Carl was very handsome, and he's my age. But I'm not gonna cry, that would just show true weakness and I couldn't do that now that he's insulted my strength.

I didn't say anything back, I just headed downstairs. Carl followed behind after a couple of minutes and tied to doorknob. We pushed a couch over to the door then Rick pulled out a bag of food.

"You guys eat this" he said handing over the bag. Carl spoke for me though. "Let her eat it, she needs more strength and we could save a little for later." I don't think he meant anything rude by it but I felt like a little girl. Hello I'm your age Carl!

I denied the bag and went upstairs to one of the beds, Rick slept on the couch and Carl slept close to him downstairs.

-------------

My eyes fluttered open to yelling downstairs and my automatic instinct was to grab my sword by the nightstand. I followed downstairs, and then the voice became clearer and the words did too. Carl was yelling some of the meanest things I've heard him say.