DESIGN A LIFE YOU LOVE

Geeta being herself, didn't think much of Dadu's question and answered casually. 

"Paradise is rising steadily in the international market and I'm sure it will soon become a part of the top 10 in Fortune 500."

"Your Dadu is asking about your personal plans, Sweetheart."

Dida interrupted and cleared up Dadu's intentions. 

Geeta could hear the clear helplessness in Dida's tone but was confused about the reason behind it. 

"Plans like?"

"Plans which include your personal time without anything related to the business involved in it."

"If you are talking about taking a break... I'm pretty satisfied with the pace my life is moving forward, so I don't plan to take a break anytime soon."

"But child..."

"Don't worry Dida, Dadu, I'm happy. If I feel like I'm stretched too thin, then I will naturally take a break without you all urging me. I won't ignore myself."

Geeta said warmly with an assuring smile, making the two elders share a defeated look.

Their youngest grandchild clearly wasn't thinking the way they wanted her to, being subtle and indirect was never going to work with this one, was the conclusion the husband and wife duo came up with. 

"We think that it is time you settle down as well, you are turning 30 in another year, we think it's time."

"How am I not settled? I have a booming business, a heavyweight bank balance, a house of my own, and the influence of being able to do anything the way I wish to do it. Also, I'm just 28."

"...Is that what you call being settled?"

Dida asked clearly baffled and at a loss for words.

"How is it not? Doesn't being settled mean having a worry-free life?"

"No child. It doesn't. Being settled means having people who mean the world to you around you."

"I have you all, the people who mean the world to me."

"What we mean is a family of your own, a little family which will eventually grow like ours. A person to love and cherish you dearly as you do the same. A person belonging to you, being by you at all times, through thick and thin."

Dadu finally said it out seriously as he worded out every phrase he thought was appropriate to describe the holy bond which can only be felt completely after experiencing it. 

"Dadu, I doubt, there will be a person like that for me in this world. But I get it, you want me to get married, right? Sure, find the man, I'll marry him."

Geeta said with a small chuckle, she was content with the way things were but if seeing her get married was something her Dadu and Dida wished for, then she would do it without any problem. 

Anyway, it would just be one more person around her, it wouldn't make much difference if they minded their own business. 

"Why would you say so, sweetheart? It is marriage a holy bond, a bond that lasts 7 lifetimes. You make it sound like some kind of shopping."

"Dida, I don't have much of an opinion about marriage. I don't have anyone I love, I'll marry any man you point to, I don't care about how he is, rich or poor, handsome or not, educated or not. It won't make much difference to me."

Dida and Dadu were shocked when they heard Geeta's response. 

In the end, it all boiled down to Geeta just getting married because they wanted to, she did not care about it all and won't care about it even after the wedding.