ACCIDENT PRONE

"I said..."

"Your opinion is not required here Miss Varadhan, so please be quiet and don't interrupt our work."

Dev said sharply as he looked at Geeta coldly enough to let her know he was on the verge of snapping at her.

The latter realizing it, decided to not test his patience and get treated according to his wish.

With Geeta's cooperation and the staff's nimble hands and knowledge, the former soon found herself admitted to the Emergency Room, with saline attached to her hand through which medications were administered.

The constant vibrations from her mobile, continuously interrupted the sleepy spell of the saline, making Geeta slightly irritated, as she picked up her mobile with her free hand.

*3 missed calls*

*15 messages*

*7 new emails*

Looking at the amount of missed calls and messages, Geeta's brows creased as she unlocked her mobile quickly.

Out of 3 calls, 2 were from unknown numbers and 1 was from Sunaina. Deciding to call the latter first, she made a quick dial and placed the mobile on her ear to hear it ringing.

After a few rings the call connected and Sunaina's worried voice came from the other end.

*On Call*

"Hello... President, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. What could happen to me? Is everything alright?"

"Thank god! Actually, paps are having a field day outside H&H Hospital as someone spotted a car similar to yours in the Parking."

"And since your car and number plate is a limited edition, they're guessing all sorts of things about you."

"I saw the news and was worried about you thinking your stomach ailment recurred. You are okay, right?"

"Well... My ailment kind of recurred..."

"What..."

"But! I was with Dev at that time and he dealt with it, so I'm good now, don't worry."

"I'm coming right away to pick you up... Aish... How many times did I tell you, that your irregular diet is going to end you in a lot of trouble with your stomach? Already...."

"Naina, breath! Take a deep breath and stop panicking, I'm all good now and you don't have to come here, I have Dev with me, we're going to dinner from here, so don't worry and go back home."

"How can I not worry when..."

"If it goes on like this your blood pressure will skyrocket and then I will be answerable to Pratik as well, it will be troublesome dear..."

"Huh... He doesn't have enough guts to question you or hold you accountable..."

"Oh, my dear you are so wrong! When it comes to you that sly cat turns into a predatory lion..."

"Don't change the topic, Geeta!"

"Alright, alright. Stop worrying and go home. If you come here now it would simply be like feeding the paps outside with more juicy information to play with."

"That's right as well..."

"I'm always right, so go home!"

"Alright, but call me as soon as you are home, okay?"