SHE IS SCARY

The doctor gently lifted up the top of the lady and gently pressed the Transducer (Kind of jockey like structure connected to the ultrasound scanner) on the upper abdomen of the lady.

Her eyes widened slightly when she saw the scan and immediately took out her notepad and jotted down a few things, before turning to the head nurse.

"Take her blood and send it to the lab for a blood profile."

"Yes, Doctor."

While the doctor was instructing about the blood tests, the Chief of the ER who heard the commotion came over to take a look at the ultrasound and immediately frowned.

He quickly looked at the nurse accompanying him and said...

"Attach her to drip and administer painkillers."

The nurse immediately hurried off, while the Doctor approached the Resident.

"Quickly, inform GS."

"Yes, Professor!"

The Resident fished out her mobile from her scrub pocket and started dialing the General Surgery.

********************

Dev's Cabin

After the supper with his friends, Dev had to lead another emergency surgery which did not end until 3 in the morning, exhausting him completely.

While he was sleeping on the single convertible sofa in his cabin, the sound of his mobile ringtone woke him up.

He was completely awake and alert as he picked up the mobile from the coffee table and connected it without a second's delay.

"Hello..."

"Professor Dev, we have an emergency in the ER, suspected Gall Bladder Rupture."

"I'm coming."

Dev answered quickly, as he stood up picked up his coat, and walked out of his cabin while wearing it in a fluid motion. 

As waiting for the elevator would be time-consuming, he took the stairs and reached the ground floor, crossing the garden in between and reaching A-wing in a jiffy.

He entered the ER on the ground floor and the Resident quickly guided him to the patient.

"What is the condition?"

Dev asked the Chief of ER, as he simultaneously viewed the scan taken earlier, a small crease forming on his forehead.

"We induced painkillers and NSAIDs just now, but it doesn't look good."

"Is the family here?"

"Yes, the parents are here."

"Move her to the GS and prepare the OT. Call her family to my cabin."

The first part of Dev's instruction was given to the GS Resident behind him who was huffing slightly because of being out of breath and to the nurse, the latter part was given to the ER Resident.

********************

1.00 p.m.

By the time Dev was done with his surgery, it was already lunch time making him famished since he did not have anything after his supper which was more than 12 hours ago. 

He went straight to the canteen after his surgery where he made his way to the counter while greeting the other staff on his way.

Since it was still early the crowd was minimal and Dev got his order quite quickly.