CONSTANT

With the company of soothing instrumental filling the comfortable silence, the atmosphere in the car and relaxing and comforting, making Geeta fall asleep unconsciously.

Looking at the woman who was peacefully asleep, Dev reduced the volume of the song and smiled tenderly at her. 

He slowly stopped the car in a gentle halt and slowly, without making any noise unbuckled the seatbelt and turned behind to reach for the spare blanket on his car's back seat. 

Gently covering Geeta with the blanket, he tugged her in with a soft smile, before adjusting the temperature inside the car. 

After making sure she was comfortable, Dev started driving, gradually picking up speed. It took them another 45 minutes to reach Geeta's place because Dev hated over-speeding even if the road was completely deserted. 

Reaching her villa, he stopped the car and looked at Geeta who was sleeping peacefully, letting out a helpless sigh, he released her seatbelt and slowly removed it to not startle her. 

After he rested the seatbelt in its initial stage, he slightly turned his head to find Geeta's deep black eyes staring right into his, catching him off guard. 

"Why do I think you were trying to take advantage of me, Mr. Doctor?"

"Mr. Doctor?"

Dev asked in amusement as he sat back down in his seat and leaned back casually, as he turned towards Geeta with an amused smile. 

"That is not the main point."

"It is not."

"Then answer me."

"When in the company of such a beautiful lady, even a gentleman's heart would waver."

Dev teased with a small smirk, as Geeta flushed immediately but she was quick to catch herself this time. 

"Oh! So every beautiful woman makes you waver Mr. Doctor? If so, you hardly classify as a gentleman."

"I classify only a few women as beautiful Mrs. Dev and you are in the top few."

"Oh? And who are the women along with me on the list."

"Dadima, Badima, Ma, Bua, and.... Our Future Daughter."

Dev answered with a warm smile and adoration at the last part, which soon turned into concern as he sensed Geeta freeze up instantly, her eyes losing all ease and emotions, her face losing color. 

He immediately cursed himself for losing himself to the moment. 

No matter how much Geeta acted that her previous pregnancy did not hurt her, he knew it would shred her heart every time the thought crossed her mind. 

He has personally witnessed women break down and lose all hope when miscarrying no matter how early or how late, even if they planned the abortion it was still similar to tearing out your heart. 

He might never experience it himself but no woman should go through the pain of losing a child ever.

"I-I am so..."

"No, it is fine. It just caught me off-guard."

Geeta shakily brushed it off with a forced smile. She collected herself a moment later and looked at Dev with an assuring smile, her mask back in place. 

"It is late. Thank you for dropping me home. I would ask you to stay here the night but it won't be appropriate."

"Yeah. And Badima would be still waiting for me."