AN HOUR

"Hello Sweetheart! When did you come?"

"Just now, Massi! You look so pretty!"

"Do I?"

"Yes! And do you know I baked you your favorite...Apple cupcakes!"

"Darling, when did Apple Cupcakes become my favorite?"

"Are they not? but you said it yourself!"

"You missed half the word, baby. It is Pineapple not just Apple."

Geeta explained patiently in a doting tone which was a complete contrast to her temper a moment back.

"So... You won't eat it?"

Mika asked with a cute pout as she looked at Geeta with tears pooling in her eyes.

"Ssshhh... Remember, no tears? I don't like you shedding these beautiful pearls, you know it right?"

"Then can you try the cupcakes? If you don't like it we'll give to... umm... Mumma?"

"Why will I give those sweet cupcakes full of love to your Mumma? You made it for me right?

"Yes, but... you don't like them right? Then you shouldn't eat them, we'll just give it away."

Mika said cutely making Geeta chuckle and lightly tap on the former's nose making her giggle cutely.

"Alright, let's taste them and then decide, okay?"

"Okay!"

"And who might be this handsome young man?"

Geeta asked as she turned towards Aarav who shrunk back lightly as shyness overtook him. 

"Massi! You can't call him handsome!"

"Why so, Munchkin?"

"Because you can only call your... umm... your hubby like that!"

As soon as Mika completed her statement Hridaan almost choked on his saliva as other looked at Mika in amusement and surprise.

"Who said so, darling?"

"Papa did. So next time don't call other men handsome!"

"What if they are better looking?"

"Still you can't!"

"Alright, alright. Now tell me who is this pleasant company you have with you?"

Geeta said with a soft chuckle, finally giving in to Mika's demands.

"He is my cousin, Aarav or Rav as we call him!"

"Hello Aarav! I am Geeta. Can I call you Rav as well?"

"Hi... Erm, what do I call you?"

"Massi..."

"Mami..."

Geeta and Gauri echoed at the same time, making Geeta look back to find her family along with other people whom she assumed to be the reason why her family members were decked up in traditional.

Her eyes zeroed on one particular person making her stand up and approach the group of people, before stopping in front of one particular person, respectfully. 

"Oh! Namaste Dadaji."

Geeta said in surprise as she greeted Dharman Chandrakanth who is a long-time friend of her Dadu.