PRINCE AND PRINCESS!

"Because we don't go to the same company or I don't live here?"

Geeta answered questioningly, her sarcasm clear in her eyes, making Divya shake her head in helplessness and others chuckle at the answer.

"Brat! That is the problem. I still don't understand why you need to stay outside alone when you have such a big mansion here."

"Dadu, get your brain checked for Alzheimer's. I already told you that traveling back and forth from the mansion to Paradise is time and energy-consuming. Staying close by is convenient."

"Then transfer your office to Varadhan Group's HQ, anyways you work from there during the last quarter of the financial year."

"Old man! Stop nagging first thing in the morning. Don't make my headache worse."

Geeta grumbled as she narrowed her eyes at Dadu making him look at her in displeasure, but the look of concern which passed by in his eyes when she said headache did not pass by Geeta. 

"Headache? What happened? Did you not sleep well?"

Dida asked in concern and worry as she quickly bent over and touched Geeta's forehead, catching the latter off-guard. 

As soon as Dida touched her forehead she hissed lightly, as worry lines on her forehead deepened.

"She has a fever."

"What?"

Anil said in surprise and exasperation, as he too touched her forehead to check her temperature, making Geeta slightly annoyed.

'I know I have a fever, okay!'

"Princess, you're running a fever! Quick let's get you to bed and let you have some tablets to help reduce the fever."

Jeevika (Mom) said in a worried tone, as she stood up to help Geeta get up, but the latter refused.

"It's alright Mom. I know how to take care of myself, I have been doing it since childhood."

Geeta said in a calm tone, as she stood up and looked at everyone sporting a regretful and helpless expressions.

"I came down just to let you all know about my decision. I agree to the marriage."

Saying this Geeta simply walked back upstairs, asking the maid there to send her expresso to her room. 

By the time her news sank in on the family members Geeta was already in her room, nose buried deep in her file.

**********

8.30 a.m.

Chandrakanth Manor

Dressed in his loungewear, Dev descended the staircase facing the living room of the East Wing, while humming his favorite tune.

"Looks like you are in a good mood, Bacha. What's special?"

Aradhana, Dev's Badima asked in amusement, making the latter stumble a step and hold onto the railing to prevent him from falling.

"Stop scaring the poor baby, will you, Badima?"

Dev asked in an exaggerated tone as he kept a hand on his heart as if having a heart attack. 

"Oh! So now Badima has become scary? Badima look, Bhabhi isn't even here yet and we all have started looking scary to him!"

Devansh, who was seated beside Aradhana said in an exaggerated tone of disbelief fanning the flames of discord with his not-so-subtle evil smirk. 

"Ansh just because Badima is here, do you think I don't dare to beat you up?"