CRAMPS

"Geeta I really consider you my friend that is why I'm telling you this."

"Many socialites already tried to hook Dr. Dev but none succeeded. As my friend, I would have introduced you to him myself because you seem just right for him but..."

"*sigh* This is insider information that Dr. Dev is going to be engaged."

"So stop wasting your time here. Don't lose hope, the sea is so vast, with your beauty and grace you'll find a better fish in no time."

Shanaya said in a comforting tone, as she looked at Geeta with eyes full of pity making the latter almost laugh out loud.

When was the last time someone looked at her in pity?

Not anytime around a decade back.

"I understand... But he was recommended to me by a friend, so I want his appointment."

"Ah... Oh! Oh My God! I'm so sorry, I misunderstood. Actually, since I started my residency here, so many socialites came that I just took you for one of them as well."

"It's alright."

"Let's get you an appointment but you are a bit late."

"Again?"

"Ah! No! Actually, Dr. Dev's patient would've already lined up till 4 you will have to wait till then..."

"His appointments are booked so quickly?"

"They are his regular patients."

Shanaya said with a casual shrug as she and Geeta went back to line up in the queue.

"It wouldn't be farfetched to call Dr. Dev the best of our generation. So many people come from around the world just to get his opinion."

"That's impressive."

"It is, isn't it?"

"You have a crush on him."

"Why would you ask that? Jeez, you are so straightforward."

"That wasn't a question."

Geeta shrugged as they moved forward in the queue.

"I don't have a crush on him but someone around him."

"That's a strategy."

Geeta said with an amused smile as Shanaya shrugged trying to act casual but soon blushed softly making her extra cute.

"Enough about this. I forgot to ask the main question, what is the discomfort?"

"It is an old ailment. I'm not good with spicy food and often experience gastric pain."

"That already sounds awful. You say old ailment, how long have you had it?"

"For around a decade now."

"Goodness gracious! That long? Why did you not take treatment yet?"

"I'm not too fond of medications and I usually forget to take them unless I need them."

"A perfect excuse isn't it?"

"I guess so."

Geeta shrugged as Shanaya glared at her not so happy with the humor.

They jumped from topic to topic until it was their turn to make the appointment.

After providing all the personal details and paying the fees, the lady at the counter looked up at them.