ROKA

At Geeta's comment about the magic candies, everyone broke out in chuckles and giggles as well, except only the kids who were unable to understand the joke.

"*cough* Let's start the lunch."

Dadaji said as the other three elderly agreed, with obvious smiles on all four of their faces.

The servants quickly served the dishes and everyone started eating.

"*Hiss*...*cough**cough**cough*..."

"Princess! What happened?"

"Drink some water first!"

"Brat, how did you manage to choke on the first bite?"

Everyone around Geeta started fussing over her as she choked on the very first bite, as Dev patted her back and helped her gulp down some water. 

"Spicy..."

Geeta exclaimed as soon as her coughing subsided and it was enough for another panic to wash over the Varadhan family, whereas this time the Chandrakanth family sat there clueless as to what happened.

"Quick get some cold juice from the kitchen."

"Eat something else, change the taste."

"Who served her the spicy dishes instead of hers..."

Parvati asked the servants to fetch cold juice, as Dilip glared at the servants standing nearby to serve them, asking who was responsible for this.

"Here eat this first!"

Dev said as he offered her some Gajar ka Halwa from his plate.

Geeta looked at the spoon of sweet dish near her lips and then at Dev, her lips tightly pursed.

"Dev, she doesn't..."

Just as Hridaan was about to say Geeta doesn't eat sweets, she surprisingly took the spoonful of dessert in her mouth.

She chewed on it quickly and then gulped down a complete glass of water in front of her.

"Feeling better?"

"Much better."

"Princess, here drink the juice..."

Just then a servant hurried from behind and handed a glass of cold juice to Parvati who placed it in front of Geeta, while worriedly patting her back to somehow soothe the pain of spiciness.

"Thank you..."

"You should not drink it."

"Huh..."

Geeta was startled and confused as she looked at Dev's hand which was preventing her from drinking the cold, tempting juice.

"You have a fever..."

"I don't..."

"Alright, you don't have a fever but drinking cold things suddenly after sitting under the hot sun is not good for your stomach."

"But..."

"Kids are watching do you want to be a bad example to them?"

Dev asked with a small meaningful smile, making Geeta chuckle dryly as she looked at the kids and then at him, while silently gritting her teeth.

"I just realized my brother can be eloquent as well. He actually tricked my devil Saali..."

Hridaan applauded, as he gave Dev a thumbs up but quickly stopped when faced with Geeta's cold glare.