RUPTURE

"Just a second."

Geeta said as she took the call with a surprised expression clearly not expecting the caller. 

"Naina, why are you awake so late? Is everything alright with you?"

Geeta asked in a concerned tone as worry lines painted her forehead.

"..."

"Then the reason you called me is?"

"..."

"So why are you telling me this? I believe we have people there to look into such matters?"

"..."

"What do you mean they aren't able to handle this? Is this why I pay those b**tards that sh*t-load of money?"

The sudden outburst of Geeta not only startled Gauri who was beside her but only the people on the other side of the call who were silently listening in.

"..."

"Connect them. They better have a good enough explanation for this."

"..."

"You can keep those good evenings to yourselves, I need a f*cking solution for this mess."

"..."

"Do you think I pay you to tell me that you tried your best? I need a solution da*mit."

"If this is all you got, you better be ready to pay the compensation for this evening's losses and find a new job. I don't need fools who can't even fix a simple supply chain rupture."

"..."

"If that's all get back to work."

"..."

"Naina, keep an eye on them. If they can't solve this in another hour then contact Davis, he'll arrange the supply."

"..."

"Yes, I'll talk to him personally, right now."

"I'm sorry, Naina, but looks like you'll have to stay awake for a while, remember to add in these work hours tomorrow, I'll have the HR pay you in the form of bonus."

"..."

"It's might be alright for you but not for me, I like to pay off punishments and rewards properly, no matter who it is. I'll hang up for now, I still need to make a call to Davis."

Saying this Geeta waited for a moment before hanging up the call and letting out a sigh.

"That was quite an outburst. I hope it is nothing big, can I help with something?"

"A cup of Expresso. Thank you, Di."

"That was a simple request."

Gauri said in amusement as she stood up with her mobile still in her hand.

"Hri, you still there?"

"Uh? Yes... Aren't you afraid? With the outburst a moment ago, Geeta should be fuming mad right now, isn't she?"

"Hri, Geeta is not some Demoness, we need to be strict with our employees but we don't really mean what we say. In fact didn't you listen to her, she is already preparing a back-up plan to save those people's asses."

"Is this what people call Hard Love?"

"Yes. Actually, I bet, Geeta must be already feeling bad for her outburst earlier and would now give them a bonus for something extremely trivial. She just has a quick temper but a soft heart."