VARIABLE

The elevator opened into the basement and Dev made a move to exit it but Geeta remained inside making him look out while holding the door open. 

"What happened?"

Dev asked softly as he looked at Geeta with slight confusion and worry thinking she was again feeling uncomfortable in her stomach. 

"I parked my car in the visitor's parking on the ground floor. So, you carry on I'll go up to my car."

"I took the liberty and asked someone to bring your car here from the visitor's parking when I noticed reporters were making a nuisance because of it."

"Oh! I'm sorry about that. Naina told me about it when I gave a call later, but then it slipped my mind again."

Geeta said with an apologetic sigh, as she made a move to step out of the elevator. 

As soon as she stepped out of the elevator, Delhi's chilly December night wind hit her making Geeta slightly shiver, as her off-shoulder jump-suit did little to protect her.

And since it was the basement, the temperature was lower than the outside temperature which was probably already below 20 or 15 degrees Celsius. 

Dev noticed her shiver and removed his windbreaker, wrapping it around her shoulders, startling her in the process, as she quickly tried to stop him but he refused and wrapped it around her shoulders and buttoned up the first two buttons to hold it in its place firmly. 

"Oh, no. I'll be fine once I get in the car."

"I insist. You just got off the drips it is better to keep yourself warm."

"But I really can't let you fall sick either. There are too many people dependent on you."

Geeta said with a teasing laugh, as Dev chuckled softly, understanding she meant the long line of patients she had to wait for to meet him at last.

"I have my sweater on, so I can make do with the chill till the car. Also, with the current weather you should start wearing more layers and warmer clothes."

"I hardly step out in this weather. The office and parking lot are equipped with heaters, and so is my house. And most importantly it is difficult to function with more layers."

"At least carry a windbreaker while out and wear something that will keep you from getting exposed to the chill."

Dev said with a soft, amused chuckle as he looked at Geeta who looked at him with a frown.

"Or else are you planning to make me your permanent doctor before your fiancé?" 

Dev teased her with a gentle smile, as Geeta huffed and fake glared at him, making them both chuckle at the end.  

"I would rather have you as my fiancé than my doctor."

"And may I know the reason?"

"You're scary and not as lovable as when you're my fiancé."

"Lovable, huh?"

"And that's the only thing you heard. Dr. Dev I know a good ENT, you should get your ears checked for partial hearing."

Geeta huffed as she glared at him making Dev laugh out loud in amusement but toned it down as the former was not pleased in the slightest.

But her flushed cheeks made her look so adorable that he ended up pinching her cheeks and petting her head, making her glare turn into a displeased scowl, deepening the amusement in Dev's eyes.