four | zara starts her book

♡

THE ONE WHERE ZARA STARTS HER BOOK.
EPISODE SEVEN

Zara's plan was out in the open: she was finally writing her children's book. You would think she would be excited, but she was overwhelmingly stressed as endless pieces of paper decorated the coffee table, and her laptop was open, ready to work.

"Wonderful," said Zara grinning when she had finally finished setting up. "Now, let's begin, Zara."

But then the lights flickered out, along with Zara's smile.

"What the..."

At the worst timing possible, a power cut had happened. Zara couldn't believe it as she stared at her laptop in disbelief. Luckily, she still had enough battery to last an hour or two, but her laptop screen remained faded without a charger.

Of course, with the power cut, meant that the majority of her friends came back early (minus Chandler). Even Rachel had been let off early because of it, where she now looked out of the window, seeing nothing but darkness.

"Wow, this is so cool, you guys," Rachel commented. "The entire city is blacked out."

"Mom says it's all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and they have no idea when it's coming back on."

"Wow," said Rachel behind them. "You guys, this is big."

"Typical," Zara sighed. "The day I decide to start my book is the day the city goes dark."

Phoebe was reading a piece of Zara's plan, laughing away at herself while she lit the candles that made Zara uneasy.

"Her costume is cute," Phoebe complimented, seeing the awful design that Zara had come up with. "What's Ruby's power again?"

"She can create force fields," explained Zara. "And she can turn invisible, too."

To her relief, Phoebe looked impressed. Zara had gone back and forth with powers, particularly with all her characters, so she was glad her main character seemed likeable so far.

"Pants and a sweater? Why, Mom? Who am I going to meet in a blackout—" Monica was still on the phone with her mother. "Power company guys? Eligible looters? Can we talk about this later? Okay."

Phoebe had stood up but Zara had focused on her book once more, where she was in the middle of the first ever chapter that was setting the scene of Ruby's normal life. Soon, chaos would break out, where she discovers her powers on her twelfth birthday before going to the school for heroes.

"Can I borrow the phone?" Phoebe questioned Monica. "I wanna call my apartment and check on my grandma."

"Sure," said Monica.