twenty-seven | dangerous feelings

♡

THE ONE WITH DANGEROUS FEELINGS.
EPISODE NINE.

Thanksgiving came with Zara being unable to avoid the holidays this year. Though, she was trying to not be bitter — after all, she had no family and it was this time last year that she ended things with Chandler, so it was not a joyous occasion.

But Zara's friends cared, so she cared enough for them.

Zara's way of caring was watching the football with the guys (when Monica was cooking, Zara tended to be banned from helping). Of course, Zara enjoyed watching football more anyway, so it worked out well in her favour.

Their team wasn't doing particularly well, though, causing the four to shout out in protest.

"Hey, it's your Thanksgiving too," Phoebe reminded them. "You know, instead of watching football, you could help."

"We know," the four replied.

"Monica told me not to," Zara added. "I broke one of her nice bowls."

Things perked up during the game with Zara leaning forwards from where she sat next to Joey. For Thanksgiving, it wasn't going as bad as Zara thought.

"For once, I am going to sit down and try to watch one of these things," Phoebe decided, taking a seat in the spare armchair.

"Half time," Ross announced.

Zara smiled at Phoebe. "Honey, there's always the second half."

"Hey, who wants to throw the ball around a little?" Joey suggested. "Maybe get a little three-on-four going."

"Oh, that would be so much fun," Rachel said.

"Oh, can I play too?" Phoebe asked. "I never played football, like, ever."

"Great," said Joey. "You can cover Chandler."

"No, I don't really want to play," Chandler told them.

"Oh, come on," Zara replied.

"Come on, man," Joey complained. "You never want to do anything since you and Janice broke up."

"That's not true," Chandler said. "I wanted to wear my bathrobe and eat peanut clusters all day. I wanted to start drinking in the morning. Don't say that I don't have goals."

"Yikes," said Zara. "I'm starting to see what everyone told me about now."

"This is nothing compared to your break up," Joey told her.

That didn't make Zara feel any better.

"Thanks, Joe," Chandler mumbled.

"You're welcome," Joey said. "But, Chandler, you have to start getting over Janice. If you play, you get some fresh air. Maybe it'll take your mind off Janice. If you don't play, everyone'll be mad at you."