thirty-one | joey confesses

♡

THE ONE WHERE JOEY CONFESSES.
EPISODE SEVENTEEN.

For a week, Zara and Joey had not spoken about that night. It was something Zara was hoping would just vanish before any more trouble started, but every time she looked at Joey, he was there, staring at her with a puppy-struck look.

But it's Joey. Zara was certain he'll find some other woman to get over whatever he's started feeling for her, and Zara was hoping someone would pop up, enough to distract her.

"Guys, I thought you were taking Ross to the game," Monica said as the three came into the coffee house, expecting it to be just them.

"We are," said Chandler. "He's meeting us here."

"No, Rachel is meeting us here," Monica told them.

"Oh, come on," said Phoebe. "They can be in the same room."

"Yeah," Zara agreed. "Chandler and I managed."

"Yeah, you should've been there last night," Joey said.

"Why?" Phoebe questioned. "What happened now?"

"Well, Ross was hanging out at our place," explained Joey. "Rachel comes over to borrow some moisturiser from Chandler—"

"Hey, Joe, would you...?" Chandler responded. "How hard is it to say something? Rachel came over to borrow...something?"

"Anyway," Joey continued. "Her and Ross just started yelling at each other."

"Why was he yelling at her?" Phoebe asked. "He's the one who slept with someone else."

"Well, I guess he says that because they were on a break when it happened that she should've forgiven him by now," Joey said.

"Whoa," exclaimed Phoebe. "He's so unreasonable. God! Although, I think I understand what he means."

"Even if it was just a drunken mistake," said Zara, refusing to look at Joey or Chandler. "It's still awful timing — the same night they take a break and on their anniversary."

"Oh my God, this is like sixty minutes," Phoebe said. "Okay, when at first you're really mad at the pharmaceutical company for making the drug, and then, you know, you just feel bad for the people because they needed to make their hair grow."

"You know what this is like?" Chandler questioned. "This is like when my parents got divorced. Man, I hope Ross doesn't try to kidnap me after cub scouts."

"You know, I had a dream," Phoebe said. "That Ross and Rachel are still together. They never broke up. And we were all just, like hanging out. And everyone was happy."