twenty-three | just friends

♡

THE ONE WITH JUST FRIENDS
EPISODE ONE

Zara and Monica were inseparable, facing their heartbreak together. While Monica was more emotional and hardly sleeping, Zara was just miserable and bitter, falling into a pit of regret.

Of course, life went on, and Zara refused to stop because of heartbreak. So, Zara had worn the brightest dress she could find with dotted flowers all over it.

"There she is," said Rachel with a fake smile. "Morning, Zara."

"Oh, I love your dress!" Phoebe tried.

"It matches the frown on your face," Ross commented.

Zara simply glared at Ross, reaching past him for the orange juice as she helped herself to a glass.

"Please don't kill me," Ross pleaded.

"Oh, honey," Rachel sympathised. "I hate seeing you upset."

"I'm not upset," Zara insisted. "I'm just mad."

"At Chandler?" Phoebe questioned.

"At myself," Zara explained. "For ruining everything."

"You didn't ruin—"

"I'm too late, so it's over," said Zara, slamming down the jug of juice as the contents sploshed. "It's for the best anyway."

While Janice was not the kind of woman she could see Chandler spending his life with, he still deserved anyone who wasn't Zara, so that was that. All Zara needed was to get drunk a few more times, and then maybe she'd find a way to get over him for good.

"Oh, God," said Monica, coming out of the bathroom with her voice all hysterical. "Look what I found in the drain."

In her hand, she held a ball of hair with Zara no longer wanting her orange juice.

"What?" Rachel questioned.

"It's some of Richard's hair," Monica told them. "What do I do with this?"

"Getting it away from me would be job one," Ross suggested, who was eating his breakfast.

"It's weird, but you know what, I don't want to throw this away," Monica said. "I mean, this is like all I have left of him — gross... drain hair."

Realising that, Monica threw the hair as it landed on Ross' cereal. Both Phoebe and Zara peered over Ross' shoulder, noses screwing upwards as the hair floated.

"Cool," said Phoebe. "Oh, it looks like a tiny little person drowning in your cereal."

Ross abruptly stood, done with his breakfast as he headed to the sink.