thirteen | labels

♡

THE ONE WITH LABELS.
EPISODE THREE.

Zara loved poker nights; mainly because she always won and everyone ended up more terrified of her. Sitting on the sofa, Zara dealt the cards as Chandler entered the shared apartment.

"Hey," Chandler greeted everyone as they replied.

With the space free next to Zara, Chandler sat down as he popped a sweet, quick kiss on her cheek that almost triggered a smile.

"You won't believe who I saw," said Chandler, looking at Zara, but still addressing everyone as his arm fell around her, becoming comfortable with their relationship in the open now.

"Who?" Zara asked.

"Joan," Chandler answered. "As in my ex."

Zara frowned. "Oh?"

"The one with the big nostril thing?" Ross questioned.

"Yeah," Chandler nodded. "They were huge. I remember, when she sneezed, bats flew out of them."

"Oh, come on," Rachel said. "Surely they were not that huge."

"I'm telling you," Chandler insisted. "This one time, she leaned back and I could see her brain."

"You always reject perfectly fine women over the most superficial, insignificant things," Monica accused, remembering that was the very reason why Chandler had broken up with Joan.

At that, Zara's eyes fell on Chandler, having never witnessed him be in a relationship before herself (and they wasn't even in a official relationship). While they both had their insecurities and lack of luck with relationships, Zara found herself curious now.

"Hold on, hold on," said Joey. "I got to side with Chandler on this one. When I first moved to the city, I went out a couple of times with this girl. Really hot. Great kisser. But she had the biggest Adam's apple. Drove me nuts."

Zara's mouth had fallen open with a grin starting to emerge.

"You or me?" Chandler offered to Ross.

"Oh, this is on me, boys," Zara reassured them, twisting her body to face Joey. "Joey, honey. Women don't have Adam's apples."

Joey looked a little shocked for a second as his eyes lingered on Zara's throat, where she tilted her head upwards so he could see for himself. But, Joey simply wagged his finger at Zara with a laugh.

"You're just messing with me," Joey accused her.

"You know what," said Zara, deciding to keep the amusing fact just between the group. "I am, Joey."

"That was a good one," Joey laughed along with everyone else. "For a second there, I was like, whoa," his eyes popped wide, only amusing Zara more. "But, then it's just Zara being Zara."