Closure

The teens were in the den with the roosters. One of them making more noise the the others. It just happens to be the one JJ and Ari 'adopted'.

" Do something, Pope. Shut him up." JJ pointed to the rooster as he kept arm around Ari's waist.

" What do you want me to do?" Pope whispered to JJ.

" Pet it, or talk to it. Please Pope." Ari ran a hand through her hair. Her hands were shaky and being in that rooster den was making her breathing bad.

The rooster clucks loudly causing one of the guys to look at the den with the teens. Ariella pulled John B and Kie away from the holes hoping that the guy didn't see them.

" You do something." Pope passed the rooster to JJ. JJ moved away from Ari causing Ari to go into John B's arms. He hugged her close. JJ took the rooster and grabbed it by its beck and snapped it making it go quite.

Ari felt her eyes get watery a bit. But right now all she was doing was trying to just pay attention to John B's rapid heartbeat. Kie was next to Pope grabbing on to his hand as she sobbed.

" Ratter! What the hell are you doin'? Let's go." The guy that was walking towards the den sighed and turned away walking back to the car. Once he went in the car they drove off. All the teens looked around at each other.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

" I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B asked his friends. They are now all in the van. Getting as far away from the house as possible.

" A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" John B continued glancing at Kie next to him.

" It's highly possible." Ari shrugged as she sat in between JJ's legs.

" It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know de with you sad feels." Ariella smacked Pope's leg.

" Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it." JJ said. Ari rolled her eyes at him playfully.

" I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message." John B looks at the three in the back through his mirror.

" If it helps you believe, John B." Kie spoke up from next to him.

" Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out." John B raised his voice.

" It's okay to trip bro, but —."

" Look, my—my dad is missing, okay?" John B cut off JJ and fully turned to his friends momentarily taking his off the road.

" Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering." John B added. The two blonde's glanced up at each other as John B finished. They wouldn't know what to do without each other. They would literally be completely different people. Ari's mom left her at a young age so obviously they weren't close.

" It's been almost a year." Kie looked to John B as he glanced back at her.

" Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility." JJ said as Ari sat down on his lap. The floor started to hurt her bottom.

" Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Ari added as JJ wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her in place.

" Absolutely. Uh... or Atlantis." Ari chuckled quietly at JJ.

" Look, what do you think the message is?" Kie asked John B.