𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

It was so hard watching JJ let his father go. No matter how much JJ hated his father...at the end of it all, Luke was still his father and the only parent he had left. JJ lost absolutely everything and watching his father go made him realize how bad he has to hold onto Ariella and their baby.

Ariella clutched onto JJ's hand that was placed on her thigh as he drove, they were just a couple minutes away from joining John B and the others and she wanted to make sure he was okay. Truly okay.

Ariella made sure Kiara was asleep before she spoke to JJ, her thumb rubbing circles over his hand. "Are you okay, love?"

"Mhm." JJ hums, glancing at her quickly, eyes filled with so many emotions. "He's actually out of my life. I've wanted this for so long and it's finally happened. But he was still my father. I just-I never thought this day would happen."

"It's okay to feel something, JJ." Ariella kisses his knuckles. "I'm always here. For anything."

As they slowly arrive, JJ turns to fully look at his beautiful girlfriend. "I'm so sorry for what happened at the bonfire. I should've never left you alone. That should've never happened and I was stupid to even leave your side for just a moment. What I said...I can't take it back. God, I want to, but I can't and I don't know how to fix it. All I know is that I never want to lose you or our little bean. I'd lose it. I'll do whatever it takes, just don't leave me. Please don't leave me...I need my family."

As JJ's hands find Ari's baby bump, Ari leans forward and kisses JJ. The two have been deprived of each other's lips for so long. This kiss felt like heaven. When they pull away, Ari leans her forehead on JJ's. "Me and bean are never leaving you, baby. You are stuck with us. I love you so much and nothing will change that. You're stuck with us."

"God, you're perfect." JJ sighs out, bringing his lips back against hers and after a few seconds, the two spilt apart and get out of the car, Ariella nudging Kie waking the girl up.

When the got out the car, Ariella's eyes fall onto John B, who laid on top of the Twinkie, his bloody leg on Sarah's lap. Blood splattered all over the top of the van.

Before Ariella could say anything, Pope glares at them. "Where the hell were you guys?"

"Parental compliment." Ariella answers, going to help them get the gear out of the back of the truck, but both Kie and JJ give her look making her back away. They never let her do anything.

"Luke was at the Chateau." JJ doesn't even glance at them as he spoke.

"Oh, great!" Pope scoffs, releasing a chuckle. "While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator!"

"Like, for real?" JJ looks at them in disbelief.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah asks, gesturing to John B's bloody leg that was wrapped in his bandanna to stop the bleeding.

"What the actual fuck!" Ariella felt her heart rate pick up as she looked over her brother. He looked so tired and drained. She felt guilty.

"What happened?!"

"What happened?" John B repeats Kie's question, he raises his voice. "I got bit by a gator!"

"He got bit by a gator!"

"Don't fucking yell at us!" Ariella snaps at the two boys. "No one told you to go swimming and not stay somewhere safe!"

"If you guys didn't take for long, maybe my leg would be fine!" John B shoot back.

And that's how they all found themselves in a screaming back and forth battle. All the blame was being put on them, but they weren't there. They would've done the same thing for JJ. They also definitely didn't use their brains because who in their right mind would wander in water like this.