𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

The Bonfire, an Outer Banks tradition. It took place the same weekend every year. Everyone went. This was the only time you would see the diverse groups together and having fun, in such a way.

After finding and losing a fortune, and in John B's case, sort of being a fugitive, it felt good to be back. Ari wasn't as happy as the others, but she was going to let the night play out and see how it went.

When Ariella gets out of the van, she hears Pope ramble on to Kie about how to deal with her parents. She rolled her eyes, it was no use to speak to her, she didn't care and according to her, she was in the right.

Ariella walks towards the front of the car, waiting for JJ and John B, but with one glance around her, she saw JJ dragging the boy away. She looks at them in shock. He really left her without a word. He said he would've stayed with her all night.

She should've known better than to believe him, when it came to a party, JJ has no control, but out of respect for her, he could've just been honest and not leave her on her own. You would think that leaving your pregnant girlfriend alone would bother you, but he seemed to be enjoying himself enough.

Ariella takes in a breath before she walks forward, her eyes roaming over the people around her. She watches as they dance, talk, laugh. All the things she would've been doing if her friends didn't leave her on her own.

"Hey." A voice calls from behind her.

Ariella turns to see Topper. She gives him a polite smile. "Hey, Topper."

"On your own?" Topper tilts his head, joining her, both of them now walking.

"Yup." Ari nods, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "You would think I would be with my boyfriend, but right not he couldn't care about me."

"Leaving his pregnant girlfriend unattended?" Topper scoffs. "That's messed up."

"That's what I'm saying." Ariella chuckles, lightly.

"Well, I can join you." Topper suggests. "Give you company. I'm supposed to be meeting your sister."

"Sounds good." Ariella links her arms with his. "Lead the way, blondie."

"Your blonder than I am, you know?" Topper laughs as he walks with the girl.

"That isn't the point." Ariella rolls her eyes playfully. "You got a nickname, be grateful. I could've slapped you for teasing John B, but I didn't."

"Fair."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

Ariella found herself laughing along with Topper, her sister and Nathan, a friend of Topper's. He had found Sarah before they could and they all decided to stay together and it was a good idea because without all of them, Ari's night would've been shitty.

"We should give them a moment." Nathan whispers to Ariella, she turns her head to look into his light brown eyes. She quickly looks away and looks to Topper and Sarah who were now in a deep conversation.

"Let's do that." Ariella agrees. Nathan grabs her hand and takes her a few places down from the two. "So, how come I've never seen you around before?"

"Maybe because you're a Pogue." Nathan jokes.

"If we're being technical, as much as it disgusts me to say, I was a Kook for a while." Ariella shrugs, he puts a playful look of shock on his face. "I know crazy."

"I'm not from around here." Nathan answers her question previously. "Or Outer Banks in general. I'm from Vegas, I come visit Topper from time to time, during the summer."