I Know

" He's pinched for sure, man." Was the first thing Ari heard as she woke up from her spot next to Kie making Kie wake up also. The four had stayed the night at the Wreck.

" Hey can you help me?" Ari whispers to Kie pointing to her slightly bleeding stitches.

" Of course." Kie nods and grabs the bag that held all the cleaning supplies.

Pope walks up next to JJ. " No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

" Let's hope." JJ glances at Pope then back outside.

Ari gets up running a hand through her hair. " You know, we were in the car. They're probably looking for us, too." Ari winces at the coldness of the air hitting her wound as both boys look toward her.

" Well, if we're gonna be outlaws we might as well help John B." Pope says before walking over to his bag.

" So, we find him before they do?" JJ watches as Pope pulls out what looks like a long cord from his back pack. The two girls share a look as Kie finishes cleaning the wound and now covers it up.

" Thank you." Ari smiles sweetly at the girl who smiles back.

" Anytime." Kie smiles softly, their attention going back on Pope and JJ.

" Pope?" JJ calls to him.

" I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope starts to walk out.

" Hey, you be careful." Kie speaks low and soft. Pope stops and looks at her. " Okay?"

Pope says nothing, he turns and looks at JJ making Ari's eyes widened a bit. " Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

With that he walks out. JJ and Ari share a look watching Kie get up and walk out. JJ then takes this time to sigh and run his hands over his face.

Ari gets up and walks to him. She wraps her arms around his waist and places her chin on her chest looking up at him as his arms drop to his side. " John B is fine. Sarah is with him and I know she's keeping him safe and hidden for now."

" I know. I just can't help, but worry you know. What if something goes wrong?" JJ sighs.

Ari reaches a hand up and plays with the hair on the back of his head. " I know and I'm worrying to. We just can't think about the bad things that can happen because if we do, we will not succeed. We need to just stay on the topic of helping JB the best way we can."

JJ looks down at her. " John B shouldn't have to go through this."

" There's nothing we can do about it now. As much as I hate to say it." Ari leans her forehead against his. " We just have to help him and get him away from here."

" We'll get through this together, right?"

" Of course, my love. Always, never doubt that."

                            𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

" You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ questions as him, Kie and Ari start to gather food.

" It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kie turns and passes them bread.

" Is this gonna be enough food for them?" Ari questions worriedly looking down at the box.

" I mean, for a couple weeks, and that's all they need." JJ answered seeing the frown on his girlfriends face. JJ glances at his girlfriend who stood beside him looking down at the box sadly. He fills up one more box, closing it before turning toward her and placing a big kiss on her cheek. Ari looks up at him and sends him a smile. JJ could see right through it.