𝘙𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘺

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen."

Yes, Kiara was still ranting about her 'horrible' parents. If Ari heard her complain one more time, she was gonna kill herself.

The group of four were on their way to Charleston, they currently were sitting in the back of the truck on a ferry. Ari sat with her back against the window, her leg spread out in front of her.

Kie sat a little away from Ari, Pope standing outside the truck, JJ on his other side. Pope stared at the letter in his hands, still wondering what it could mean.

"It's about you being a damn Pogue, Kiara." Ari snaps. "It's about you getting hurt, your life is constantly on the line with us and their worried for your safety."

Kie takes in what she said, but doesn't say anything. She simply acts like she doesn't hear.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." JJ tries to joke and bring up the mood like he always does as he rolls himself up a joint.

"I'm not going to boarding school." Kie claims.

"We've heard you say that over thirty times already." Ari groans leaning her head back.

"They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van." Kie ignores her yet again.

"And hopefully our duck tape over your mouth." Ari mumbles.

"Well, I say..." JJ inhales the joint he had just made. "...we just crumble some herb right now."

"Hey, Kie, Ari, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope finally speaks up.

"Like, twenty million times." Ari tells him as JJ comes and sits between her legs. He leans back against her.

"That's quite a few times." JJ chuckles. Ari flicks his head making him pout.

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering." Kie says with a small shrug.

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope states. "Right now, this letter's our best bet."

"Right. Stay on task." JJ rubs his hand up and down Ari's thigh, passing Kie the joint. "That's why I love ya, Pope."

Kie clears her throat and passes the joint to Pope. "What Pope are you gonna be today?"

"I'm good." Pope shakes his head. "I'm gonna try to focus."

"Good Pope." Kie sighs, before muttering. "Boring Pope."

"Watch your mouth, Kie." Ari says in a protective tone. "Just because he doesn't want to take a hit doesn't make him boring."

Pope gives her a grateful smile, Ari give him one back blowing him a kiss, making him let out a laugh.

"I'll take that." JJ takes the joint from Kie with a happy chuckle.

JJ takes a hit and with the smoke still in his mouth, he turns his head to Ari pulling her into a kiss. He passed the smoke to her and when they separated Ari blew the smoke out.

JJ smiles proudly, giving her another peck on the lips before he turns back, leaning against her, ignoring the hard look Kie sent them. Ari kisses his jaw and takes a piece of his hair and starts braiding it.

                            𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense." Kie says from between JJ and Pope. Ari was on JJ's lap, her back against the door, his arm firmly wrapped around her. "I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island?"