Thunderstorms

JADES POV

I've never liked thunderstorms. Or just loud sounds in general, like fireworks. I've never told anyone about this phobia before. It's been my own little secret. Well actually, Robbie knows cause I flinched once when a firework went off.

I didn't want to tell anyone cause then the word will spread and no one will see me as a bad ass anymore. They'll see me as the little bitch who's afraid of thunderstorms.

I remember this one time it was the Fourth of July:

Flashback...

*fireworks go off*

"Why?!" I shout as I put my head between my knees.

"It's just fireworks Jade" Robbie cooed trying to calm me down.

"No!" I yell back at Robbie with my head still between my legs.

"There just fireworks there not gonna get you" Robbie says trying to bring my anxiety down.

"Ughh" I groan into my palms when I bring my hands up to my face.

End of flashback...

I was spending the week at Dolan's house. We alternate between houses since our parents are never home.

We are cuddled up on his bed, watching a horror movie other than The Scissoring. Our backs were against his headboard and my head was on Dolan's chest.

5 minutes into the movie, Dolan gets a notification on his phone.

"Uh oh" Dolan says in a worried tone of voice.

I lift my head off of his chest and turn my head to the right so I can get a better look at him, "What's wrong baby?"

"I just got a notification on my phone. Severe thunderstorm watch in your area, seek shelter immediately" Dolan replies.

As he read out the notification out loud, I look back at the TV and I feel my whole body tense up, my heart rate getting faster by the second. I didn't show any emotion on the outside though.

10 minutes go by and heavy rain starts to hit the window.

"And here it comes" Dolan points out looking out the window.

I grab the nearest thing to me, which was Dolan's hand, and I squeeze it tightly.

"Hey are you okay?" Dolan questions me. I look down only noticing now that it was his hand that I was squeezing.

"Uh, Yeah. Just...scared of...the movie" I badly cover up my lie and he looks at me, knowing I'm lying.

"Really? Jade West scared of a horror movie? Come on, tell me what's really got you all tense" Dolan jokes the first part but gets serious at the last part of his sentence.

I knew I had to tell him now. There was no other way to cover up my stupid weather phobia. I open my mouth to go and say something, but I was cut off by a loud crash of thunder.

The worst part isn't even the thunder. The worst part is, he didn't flinch I did. And he saw me.

DOLANS POV

I saw Jade flinch when a loud struck of thunder came from outside.

"I-" Jade stutters as her cheeks flushed a bright red. I grab her hand and hold it tight.

"Jade. Babygirl. Tell me the truth about why your scared. I promise I won't laugh" I gently tell her not wanting to make her nervous.

"Promise?" She asks.

"Promise."

"I have a weather phobia" Jade says, her face turning more red and her eyes starting to get watery. I turn her face to look at me, since she put her head down when she finished speaking.

"Hey hey. It's ok, don't cry" I say as I wipe away a fresh tear that had just rolled down her cheek.

She calms down a bit, but she's still crying.

"You don't think I'm stupid? You don't think being afraid of a stupid storm is dumb?" Jade asks taking deep breaths of air.

"I will never think you are stupid. I will always love you no matter what your afraid of" I give her a kiss on the forehead and she lays back down on my chest.

As Jade is laying on my chest, she still flinches from the crashes of thunder and strikes of lightning. But I can tell she was comforted by my embrace.

I could feel my black graphic t-shirt getting wet my Jades tears still coming out of her eyes. I let her cry just to let it all out. But I hug her tighter when I hear a sob escape her mouth.

"Dolan?" Jade looks up at me with her red puffy eyes.

"Yes baby?" I answer her.

"Can I wear one of your hoodies?" She asks in her sweet and innocent voice.

"Of course baby" I smile as I got off the bed and walked towards my closet, pulling out a black playboy hoodie.

I walk back over to my bed and hand it over to Jade. She pulled it over her head and her frown turned into a smile real quick when she hugged herself.

I sit next to her again and she puts her head back on my chest. I feel and see her jump from the loud sounds coming from outside.

Jade ends up dozing off from mr running my finger through her raven black hair. I was glad that she had told me the truth about her fear that she thought was stupid.

When the movie finishes, I had already fallen asleep, breathing in all of Jades sweet vanilla perfume and her natural scent.

Sorry this chapter was so short. I tried to make it longer than the original but it worked anyway.