Chapter 9

Kendall

I laid in this damn hospital bed, plotting. I couldnt wait to get up outta here! I didnt want my daughter seeing me like this. My face had went down a little but my leg was still broke. I know my sister den' already wrecked shop but I was coming for more.

"Momma, you hungry?" My daughter asked me.

"Nawl, baby. Im ok, is you hungry?" I asked her and she nodded. I grabbed my phone and called her dad. Yes her dad was in her life but we werent together.

"Babymomma?" Ryan slow ass answered the phone.

"Yeah, its me. I need you to do me a favor." I said, sitting up.

"Waddup, Im here."

"Go to Wendy's and get yo' daughter something to eat. We at the hospital."

"What? Why? What happened? Is my daughter ok?" He stay asking questions.

"She alright, Im the one in the hospital. She hungry and I dont want her eating this damn jail food. So hurry up." I said hanging up.

Twenty minutes later, Ryan slow ass knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said and he came in with a big ass kool-aid smile.

"DADDY!" Jasmine yelled, running into his arms. I watched them as they hugged each other. They was just too cute, and they looked alike.

"I got you some food babygirl." He said, giving her the Wendys bag. She looked inside, with a smile on her face.

"Chicken nuggets!" She started dancing around. He baby her too damn much if you ask me. She sat in the chair, eating her food and watching Nickelodeon on her phone.

"So why you up here and what happened to yo' leg?" Ryan asked, standing next to me.

"We was at the mall, eating. When some females that I clearly dont fuck with jumped me." I said and he mugged me.

"And my damn daughter was right there?" I slowly nodded.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You got a daughter who looking up to you. Kendall we getting to damn old to be still acting like kids. You a grown ass woman, aint no way you should still be having drama." I looked at him, shocked.

"How about Jasmine come stay with me for a while until you get yo' self together. I dont want my daughter around this typa' shit." He continued on. I felt tears coming to my eyes but I didnt let them fall.

"No, hell nawl. She cool where she at." I said, offended.

"No she aint. Im taking her, like it or not. Yo moms gone understand. Just heal up for US." He said, kissing my forehead then walking over to Jasmine. He started talking to her and she was smiling and nodding.

"Mommy Im gonna go stay with daddy. But I'll be back. I promise." She actually looked happy. That shit crushed my heart. I wanted to jump out this bed and beat Ryan ass. But clearly I couldnt.

All I did was nod as she gave me a hug. I watched them as they left, Im now a unfit parent. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. The pain in my leg started to come back as I cried harder. The nurses rushed in, trying to calm me down and shit. It took me a good 15 minutes to settle down. I needed to get up outta the hospital, ASAP.

&*****&

"How long do I have to stay in this bitch?" I asked my doctor.

"Well Ms. Miller, you should be getting released in a hour or two." He said looking at his board.

"Thats great." I couldnt wait to see my daughter, baby sister and momma.

"Yes it is. So call a ride and Ill be back with your medicine and pain killers." I nodded as he walked out. I grabbed my phone, scrolling through my call log. I decided to call Kelsey, and she wasnt busy. That was a shocker.

FOLLOW ME!

VOTE THIS STORY!

EVEN COMMENT!

IT WONT HURT Y'ALL!

SęlfMädę Hønęýý