Bonus Chapter: This I Promise

Not ready to say goodbye to Caleb and Danny, but have to! Enjoy! :)

Thanks to Jakob for helping!!! It's great, thanks for your help!

----------------

Danny stands in front of the mirror making sure everything is in place. He smiles and thinks, It’s been two years since Caleb and I made promises to each other. I can’t believe today is the day. In the end, we couldn’t elope. 

*

Flashback

“Danny, what are you thinking?” Caleb asks taking in Danny’s expression. 

“How much I love you and our memories together.”

“What is the first one that comes to mind?” Caleb asks.

“When you became my boyfriend. You?”

“That one and our spring break vacation.”

“Why?” 

“Oh because—Caleb leans closer to Danny—of what happened in your car.” He whispers in Danny’s ear making him shiver.

“That one too.” Danny agrees. “There are a lot of great memories.”

Caleb smiles and moves to a sitting position. Danny does the same.

“Danny, we’ve been inseparable since we met as children. We’ve shared so much and I want to keep sharing everything with you.”

“I do too, Caleb.”

“I want to promise to keep loving you forever.” Caleb states taking out a small box, opening it to reveal a ring. 

Danny’s eyes widen.

“With this ring, I promise to cherish you, to make you happy, and always place you above everything. Danny Mendoza, would you do me the honor of becoming my husband in the future?”

Danny is grinning and nodding his head, “Yes!”

“I promise to keep loving you forever.” Caleb states sliding the ring on Danny’s ring ring finger.

“I promise to love you forever, Caleb Greene. I promise to make you happy, to hold you when you need it, to keep you safe, and face things together no matter what life throws at us.”

Caleb kisses Danny.

Breaking the kiss, Danny says, “Would you, Caleb Greene, do me the honor of becoming my husband?”

Caleb didn’t see the moment Danny took out the ring, he’s holding it in front of him waiting for his answer. Caleb grinning responds, “Yes,” before throwing his arms around Danny’s neck and crashing his lips to his. They get lost in the kiss only breaking it because of their need for air. Both of them grinning, Danny starts chuckling, “Hand Caleb, you need your ring.”

“Sorry.” Caleb responds.

“There, it looks great on.” Danny says. “My future husband.”

Caleb pecks his lips, “On you too, Mr. Greene Mendoza.”

“I love the sound of that; Mr. and Mr. Greene Mendoza.”

“I love you.” Caleb states wrapping his arms around Danny.

“I love you too.”

*

Dressed, Caleb stands in front of the mirror and thinks, to think that Danny had once talked about eloping, but we are both getting ready to walk down the isle for our ceremony; for our family and friends to witness our union.