6. Wonderment

I'm back :). Enjoy and thanks for reading, voting, and/or commenting! 

-----------------

Danny is horsing around when he jumps on Caleb causing them both to fall on the ground. He on top of Caleb. Despite it, they are both laughing. Danny stops laughing, he realizes how adorable Caleb looks when he’s laughing. Realizing and sensing that Danny is watching him, Caleb meets Danny’s gaze. He sees how amazed Danny seems. He wonders why. Both are staring into each other’s eyes. Caleb is becoming more aware of Danny’s body on top of his. Neither have ever paid much attention to it and they’ve found themselves in that position plenty of times before. 

“What are you thinking?” Caleb asks.

“How carefree and adorable you look when you laugh.” Danny responds. 

Caleb’s eyes widen, he didn’t expect that answer. He wonders if Danny realizes what he said. 

As if hearing his question, Danny says, “forget I said that.”

“Why? Now I can say you find me adorable.”

“Nope, I don’t.” Danny says crossing his arms over his chest.

“You just said it.”

“I was just joking.”

“Sure, you were. Well, I’ll give you a compliment too then. You look cute when you huff.”

Danny feels a blush creeping on his face and gets off Caleb.

“No, I don’t. We should get to finishing our homework. We did volunteer to make dinner.”

“You volunteered.” Caleb responds.

“Well, I did, but our families are having dinner tonight, so you’re helping.”

“Okay, only if you turn around, so that we can begin studying.”

“Okay,” Danny responds taking his time.

Once he’s facing Caleb, he hopes he is only feeling his face warm and not really blushing. Caleb notices the slight blush on Danny, but decides not to stay anything about it. They spend an hour studying before going downstairs.

“So what are we preparing for the families?” Caleb asks.

“I was thinking a salad, shrimp pasta, and ice cream for dessert if they want some.”

“Okay, sounds tasty, so what do you want me to help with?”

“The salad. I can cook the shrimp pasta. Oh, do you want garlic bread?”

“Yes, do you even have to ask?”

“I know I was just making sure. You can do that too.”

“Okay, let’s get to work then.”

“Yup.”

“Danny are you sure you have the pasta under control?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“Just making sure, we don’t want it burning like that one time.”

“Stop teasing about that. It’s been a while.”

Caleb grins, “it’s just fun seeing you riled up.”

Danny sticks his tongue at Caleb. “Sure keep teasing and you won’t get to taste it.”

“Ah, but your parents wouldn’t let me go hungry nor my parents.”

“No, they won’t. That is why you’ll just eat salad. They’ll side with me.”