『Kamado Tanjiro X Hanahaki!Reader』Part ②

Dedicated to: Insomniatics_

Aftermathhhhhhh!
Note: a short one though.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Title: Continuation
Genre: Angst Part 2?

Shinobu dashed outside the courtyard of her estate once she read the letter (Y/N) had left. She looked as calm as ever, but that is far from what she's feeling.

She went outside without anybody noticing. She had gotten a bad feeling when she was reading the letter and she hoped it might not be too late. (Y/N) was important to her.

If she could just be in time to save her...

She went to the forest not far from her estate, her intuition screaming at her to hurry up. She saw a silhouette nearby and she was frozen in shock.

There, she saw (Y/N).

Looking up at the sky.

Moments before her death.

She looks so peaceful, Shinobu thought at the time.

She smiled to herself as she walked past the estate to the direction of the forest. It was mid-afternoon, a few hours after (Y/N)'s death.

She still hadn't mentioned anything about it to anyone, especially Tanjiro and Kanao. She didn't want them to think that (Y/N) died because of them.

She had arrived at the tree filled with wild roses, the ones (Y/N) used to pick and arrange neatly in her vase. She looked up at it, wondering what you might've been thinking at the moment.

"(Y/N)-chan, it's Kochou-san. How have you been doing? Is everything fine in there? Have you perhaps met Kanae already?" she started, turning her back on the tree before looking up at the sky.

"My my, and here I thought you were afraid of dying young, (Y/N)-chan... Agatsuma-kun will be sad when he hears this. He was always there for you, did you know? Oh also Aoi-chan..."

Shinobu paused for a while, before continuing, "If I could've saved you at least..." she sighed, "You're so good at hiding things to me now (Y/N)-chan. Even I didn't suspect a thing!" she added, scolding you as if you were still alive.

"I... Never mind."

•••

That afternoon, everybody in the estate had known what happened to the girl. The whole place was shrouded in sorrow, more so when they accepted the fact that you've passed.

Aoi had excused herself a couple of times, completely unprepared. Kanao regretted ever hearing it, thoughts of you clouding up inside of her mind.

The boys are out on a mission together and still hadn't heard about (Y/N)'s death.

A hell of a welcome back surprise, isn't it?