Chapter 6: Parent Child Bonding

Silence had overtaken the pub once more. Everyone was in disbelief, even Bete looked shocked. Bell was dead?

Hestia: What do you mean Bell's dead?!

Albert: Just what is sounds like.

Miach: But if it's a curse, can't Airmid treat it?

Albert: Maybe, if it wasn't the Black Dragon that gave it to him.

The pub went silent. Everyone who heard of the monster felt the hopelessness settle in. Here was another victim of the monster. Humanity finally won peace, but with a price they felt was too heavy to pay. Aiz felt the weight of it more than anyone. They turned to the girl when they felt the anger emanating from her.

Aiz: (Why?! Why Bell? How much more is it going to take from me?!)

Ariel felt this and held her mother's hand.

Haruhime: Please! Tell us how to stop this!

Eina: Yes! We finally got this far, I can't go on knowing Bell will leave me!

Albert: Hold on. I said Bell died from the curse, not the dragon.

Take: Wait, does that mean?

Albert: Yes, our father successfully slayed the Black Dragon and survived. He rescued the wind spirit Aria and came back alive.

Everyone was happy to hear this. Bell was glad to hear he was able to live up to his dream of becoming a hero. Tiona was amazed too. It was like she was reading one of her hero stories. Aiz was tearing up at the news of her mother's rescue. Hestia was brimming with pride at her first child's success. Although one question was unanswered.

Bete: If the dragon's dead and the rabbit's cursed, how long's he got?

Albert: Father would fight for 13 years before finally falling to it.

Welf: (Bell...)

Mikoto: (Sir Bell...)

Haruhime could only cry silently at this. Hestia was sobbing at how much her child suffered. The Loki Familia was sad as well. They all liked the boy and yet they couldn't help but admire his fighting spirit. Fighting the dragon's curse for over a decade. Once again, he completely dashed their expectations of him.

Finn: Well we know now what killed him. How do we stop it?

Albert: That's something we all can help with, but most of it will be up to Bell.

Bell: What do you mean?

Albert turned to Hestia to unveil even more shocking new to everyone minus her familia.

Albert: The skill Bell got... his first one.

Bell: Argonaut? How is that going to help?

Hestia started sweating. Lili looked at the ground. Mikoto and Haruhime looked sheepish while Welf started whistling.

Albert: No, the one before that. The one you got at level 1.

The pub exploded with questions at that.

Bete: That can't be right! You don't get skills at level one!

Albert: Under normal circumstances no, but Dad's a special case. Might as well tell him goddess.

Bell: Goddess? What does he mean by that? What skill did I get at level 1?

Hestia hesitated before deciding that there were bigger things at stake.

Hestia: Liaris Freese.

Bell: That's...

Hestia: Your first skill. The one you got after she saved you.