1K Special Chapter 8: Love of a Samurai and a Blacksmith

The sun rose again and the people of Orario got ready for the day once more.  At Hearth Manor, Albert decided to introduce their other method of training.

Mikoto: Lower our levels? How will that help?

Haruka: You know how mom can increase levels, well that comes at the cost of lowering excelia gain. The opposite is also true. If I lower Dad's level to 1, then he'll gain an excelia boost proportionate to the change which would be a four times boost on top of his skill.

Albert: Yeah, so Welf, Lili, Mikoto and Haruhime will have their levels lowered to 1 and they'll train on floors 1 to 7 with Bell and me on guard duty.

Alise is going to go lower with her siblings for their training which is why they left early. The rest of the gang finished their breakfast and made their way to the dungeon. Bell went to the guild to check with his advisor/girlfriend.

Bell: Eina!

Eina: Bell, off to the dungeon?

Bell: That's right. We're trying out a new training method and we won't be lower than floor 7.

Eina: Okay just... be safe.

Bell accepted their relationship but was aware of their positions so he just pat her head. He didn't want her to get in trouble or worse lose her job.

Bell: I will, promise.

They both blushed slightly before Eileen came to say goodbye too.

Eileen: Goodluck you guys.

Bell: Thanks.

They left and made their way to floor 1 of the dungeon. This was when Haruka cast her magic. Other people watched innawe as the little renard chanted. This time, instead of gold light it was a dark purple and everyone intended felt the effects.

Welf: Man, I feel heavy.

Mikoto: This is quite unsettling...

Lili: Is it? Lili doesn't feel much.

Haruhime: Me either.

Welf: I guess since me and Mikoto are higher level, we feel the stronger effect.

Lili: That would make the most sense.

Bell: You guys ready?

Everyone: Yes!

With that, they all began clearing the floor. It was a slow start, having a level decrease made everyone shaky. Their only saving grace was that they retained the stats they had at their current level so everyone was at least at F and E rank thanks to yesterday's training.

Lili: Lady Mikoto, to your left!

Mikoto: HAAAH!

Welf: Lili, duck!

Their coordination at least wasn't hampered much. The timing needed to be adjusted but they overall could handle their enemies. They cleared floor 1 in good time along with floors 2 to 4. At floor five, things got a little hard. Then at floor 7, a mob of war shadows appeared and overwhelmed them. Bell had to step in and deal with most but no one was injured badly.

Welf: Thanks for the assist, Bell.

Bell: I'm glad you guys are alright.

Lili: We've cleared every floor so far, should we head back?

Albert: Yeah, we can we've been here a while.

Being focused on training, the day went by fast. It was almost sunset by the time they came out. They made their way back to cash in their loot and Bell went to report his dive to Eina.