Chapter Twenty

Hey there! This chapter isn't very eventful or long, but I hope you enjoy it anyway! I have a deadline for this story and that's why I'm uploading so quickly, I would really love to hear some opions on it :) please? 

Lily x

  “Lana!” Rumer saw me from across the street and immediately began to grin, checking to see if there were any cars coming her way before tottering across the road in her high stiletto heels. Her baby blue hair looked brighter in the LA sunshine and she was wearing a pair of large, round sunglasses, the frames made of white plastic. 

   “Hey,” I giggled, giving her a hug as we met in the middle of the sidewalk. 

   “You found the place okay?” She checked and I just nodded. 

   “It was fine, KIT knew where you were talking about,” I explained and she just nodded. 

   She was petite, probably only around five foot four, and had a slim figure. She was wearing a black pleated skirt and a white and blue floral shirt, a black suede jacket over the top. She always looked so delicate, so sophisticated and put together, so effortless. I admired her, and tried to take inspiration from her dress sense, I thought I was getting better at it, and it was certainly easier to wear nice clothes when you knew you weren’t going to be at college for the whole day. 

   It was sunny, and fairly warm out, but when there was a breeze, the cold cut into your skin, more than you would imagine. I’d opted for a pair of navy blue cigarette trousers, with grey stripe down the side, like the ones you find on tuxedos. With it, I had on a white t-shirt made of soft, fine cotton and a matching navy blazer. I was also wearing my pair of brown, suede Chelsea boots. It was strange, the way my style had changed, just because I was in the media every now and again, I’d definitely grown up, become more coordinated, less grungy and messy looking and more sleek. 

   “It’s so nice to see you,” Rumer said excitedly, holding onto my hand and starting to lead me down the street. 

   “You too,” I agreed, nodding, “it’s great to be here, in the city.”

   “Have you been before?” She asked. 

   “Never,” I shook my head, “I’ve been to New York a lot, Florida, Miami, but never LA, I’ve never found myself far enough west.” 

   “It’s nice,” Rumer looked up to the sky, which was completely blue, not a cloud in sight, “it’s not as edgy as New York, but there’s something happy here, maybe it’s the sun, I don’t know,” she giggled. 

   “No, I think I understand,” I replied, “I love New York, I think it’s wonderful in every possible way, but there’s a sparkle here.” 

   “A sparkle?” Rumer raised her eyebrows, making me laugh. 

   “You know, there are so many beautiful people here, when you walk around, you can’t help but feel like you’re in some kind of Hollywood movie,” I explained and she nodded. 

   “I know what you mean,” she looked at me for a moment, as if she was trying to work something out. “Come on, I wanted to show you this place,” she pointed to a big, white clothes store to the left of us. The clothing rails were spread out, so there were large gaps of clean, shining white between them. I felt like something from 90210. “You looked stunning the other night,” Rumer admired, “you were on the best dressed list, on Fashion Police.” 

   “No way!” I gasped, widening my eyes. 

   “Uh-huh,” she nodded, starting to flick through the rail of clothes. “It’s rare that they think someone as young as you, as new to this life as you, has good dress sense, it’s certainly an achievement.”