Chapter Thirty

Hi there to anyone left reading this story! I hope you're still enjoying it, I really do... It's exciting because this story is going to be on the wattpad Featured list on the 14th of February! So keep your eyes peeled!! This chapter is kind of important to me, because I love music, and, well, yeah... That's why it's dedicated to 'Little Comets' because I love their band I based 'The Lost Boys' on them...have a listen, they're wonderful xx

Lana, I’m sorry, there’s traffic on the M25 and if I could do something about it I really would. I nearly made it, if it’s any consolation. I wish you all of my luck, every little tiny bit I could muster, and I know you’re going to be brilliant. People are going to love you, Lana, I know it. I think partly why I love you so is because you don’t even realize how phenomenal you are; no one is as wonderful. I’m sorry, I’ll make it up to you. Kit xxx

I sighed, and ran my fingers through my messy, blonde hair. I was sad, because it would have meant the world to me to have him here, on such a momentous occasion. However, I wouldn’t let it ruin my evening, because I wanted to remember it as an incredible night, the first time performing to a crowd of strangers. I hoped people would enjoy it, would like our music.

“He didn’t make it?” Jimmy came and put an arm around me, taking a deep breath, his body a little shaky.

“No,” I frowned, sucking on my bottom lip perturbedly.

“I’m sure he tried, my sweet,” he kissed me on the cheek, “I’m going for a quick, stress cigarette.”

“Okay,” I giggled. “Hey, where’s Freddie and Seb?”

“In the dressing room, Seb’s going through some of the stuff with Freddie, last minute.”

“Alright,” I smiled, before he slipped off towards the backdoor. I started biting at the dead skin around my nails, hearing the crowd in the venue talking and laughing loudly. Then, someone gripped hold of my shoulders, squeezing tight.

“I nearly had you there, didn’t I?” He whispered, his warm breath misting against my skin. I couldn’t help but grin ecstatically, my cheeks tense, turning around and clasping my hands against his neck.

“You mean boy!” I laughed, beaming up at him.

“It was worth it for the look on your face right now,” Kit chuckled, leaning down and kissing me softly, gently pulling at my bottom lip. “Oh how I’ve missed you,” he said wryly, his fingers slowly roaming my face.

“I’m so happy you’re here,” I admitted.

“I couldn’t miss this, how could I?” He said helplessly.

“I don’t know,” I looked down modestly, “traffic.”

“Traffic cannot keep our love apart,” he whispered, making me laugh.

“Lana! Jimmy found me, told me to-” Dahlia bounded up the back steps and stopped when she saw me and Kit, entwined. I jumped back, squeezing Kit’s hand before letting go, regretfully. “I’m sorry, I didn’t, I, you made it!”

“I did,” Kit nodded, laughing, giving Dahlia a hug. “Nice to see you again.”

“You too,” she replied, “as always.”

“I’m glad you came,” I turned to Dahlia and held onto her arm, looking at her earnestly. “I’m so nervous.”

“Of course you are,” she just giggled, “I’d be more surprised if you weren’t!” We stood in awkward silence for a moment or two, looking at each other, sharing shy smiles. “Hey,” Dahlia started to speak again, taking a deep breath, “Sacha’s out there.”