Chapter 67 | strike back

"(Y/n) putting those trackers in the cake is the best idea you've ever had" L praised.

"Looks like my paranoia was into something" you replied.

With a bag full of brand new antidote shots on his shoulder, L sat beside you in the back seat of the getaway creape truck driven by Suruga. Boy was left with Watari back at the original wammys hideout where all this began so he wouldn't have to be involved in such a stressful situation. Before you'd left, you, L, Watari and Suruga were injected with a dose of the antidote as a vaccine. You wouldn't catch this virus.

Suruga watched the pinging dot on the screen get closer as Makis location was being tracked. Following it down the winding roads of Tokyo.

"Uhh guys..." he said.

"Yeah?" You replied.

"This says she's in an airport runway?"

"WHAT-"

"Airport runway? Damnit Kujo must have her in a plane to escape with her. What runway is it?" L asked, grabbing his laptop connected to pocket wifi in the back seat.

"Looks like runway seven" Suruga answered.

L looked up the flights in the area, trying to figure out which one Maki was on. Sifting through the data on all planes currently stationed at the airport, he found there were two due to take off from that runway. One had already left that morning for Europe, the other was headed for Thailand due to leave in 15 minutes.

"Shit- they're trying to take her back to one of their base sun Thailand. The plane leaves in 15 minutes" L said.

"15 minutes? We'll never make it!" You panicked.

L thought for a moment, conjuring up a plan. The only thing he could think of was a risk, but it was the only way to make sure you got her back before the virus kicked in.

"Suruga" he said.

"Yeah?"

"We've gotta drive onto the runway. Jump into the plane before it takes off and we have no choice but to confront Kujo right then and there"

At this exact moment on said plane, Maki was beginning to worry. Behind the curtain where she lay half unconscious, she was starting to feel sicker. Mustering up all her energy, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. Looking around she found herself in one of the main areas of the plane, hidden by curtains with a bandage around her head and bandaid in her neck where she was jabbed. She felt nauseous, hot and her throat was sore. Looking down at herself, she was dressed in her red summer dress she was kidnapped in, and her shoes had been taken off.

That's when she noticed it... a rash on her leg. That's why she felt so sick, the virus was finally starting to kick in. And if she was showing symptoms, that means this whole plane would be infected in a matter of minutes...

She could hear Kujos voice outside the curtains, if Kujo had touched her to get her here that means she'd be getting the symptoms and second now.

This was bad. She was scared.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but our take off will be delayed as there's an unknown vehicle on the runway" the captains voice could be heard over the loudspeaker, much to the annoyance of the passengers.

Maki perked up, peeking out from behind the curtain she saw Kujo looking out the open boarding door before rushing to the captains cockpit. Struggling, Maki got up tearing down the curtains and weakly stumbling toward the door. Sure enough in the distance she could see that familiar pink truck.