Chapter 36 | writing

A/n: toward the end of his chapter and all of next chapter will be NSFW. So warming on that :)

Wow, a lot has happened in the past few weeks.

I'll update the case file here, I don't have the time to be neat about it so I'll just throw in this page wherever.

For the first time since he first came to the orphanage, I saw L cry. It was messy, like a child who couldn't comprehend the situation and just went blank. For a while it was just sobbing and shaking until he could finally speak. He feels guilty about A and B. But I let him know that it's not his fault. Hopefully he remembers that. This is progress though, he's finally getting a better grip on emotions that aren't love. He's good at love, but nor much else.

In other news, the boys have asked to become successors when they're old enough. L was apprehensive but said yes, there have been major changes in the program after all, its a lot safer now. Not that the program was the problem in the first place but it definitely did contribute to stress.

The fact that I'm still adding to this case file almost two decades later is astonishing. I seriously thought once we accepted our love for each other it'd be over. I thought that the reason L was so intriguing was because I loved him. But after dating him theres still more there. There's still something I have to find out but I can't tell what.

Maybe it's the fact he has problems processing some emotions, and I'm going into caregiver mode over i it? I don't know.

He's good at love, amazing at it. So affectionate and understanding. I've taught him well when it comes to that. But now all this bottles up sadness and anger has started to overflow because of the case. I feel like he'd going to start to understand negative emotions around this time. I'll be there for him of course, but I hope he won't push me away because he doesn't understand it.

Actually he could use some cheering up. And now that I think about it. We're in our 20s and have never gone beyond a good passionate kiss. It's been what... 3? 4? Years of dating? I get why we never did anything as teenagers, we were awkward teenagers. But now? Maybe L doesn't know how to process... that... either?

Would he care if I'd tried? Would he understand the hints? He's smart but emotions aren't his strongest point. Maybe I'll try later in. We're adults now, nothing stopping us. And it would definitely give him the kick of positive emotions he needs.

Who knows at this point. He's a mystery that man. But I love him.

Closing the file, you put your pen in the pen cup on the desk. This file had gotten very thick over the years. Full to the brim of information and speculation about L. Although you were smart. Any details that could be dangerous were left out. Sure his real name was on the cover, but it was written on masking tape and could easily come off of need be. But the file was hidden safely.

If anyone wanted to get to L they'd need the file first. And it's hidden in the floorboards under the bed, not only that but the floor board would only pop out if you hit it a certain way. Only you knew that.

You didn't know if you'd ever tell L about the file. Most people would find it a creepy thing. But L was different. He knew you liked to analyse, just like he did. He'd probably laugh and make a comment on how you're truly the perfect match and successor for him.

You lit the file back in it's hiding spot and left your room to go find L who'd been working pretty hard on the case. He'd been in contact with the FBI agent... Naomi, was it?

Apparently B is a really strange person, but you knew that. Although he was definitely a lot stranger now. You wondered how he even got to LA.

Apparently he claimed he 'was a corpse, couldn't speak because he was dead' and 'was an aggressive top, never even submissive to a traffic light'.

Strange.

He was always a bit of a class clown but now he's just... talking nonsense honestly. When he was caught you'd talk to him. You knew he wouldn't hurt you.

Three victims had been claimed. Believe Bridesmaid, Quarter Queen and Backyard Bottomlash. Who the fuck named these kids... then again... your boyfriend was straight up just the letter L.

Clues had been found in manga books, a crossword and stuff sent to the LAPD. All signs pointed to B, but of course only you and L knew that.

You found L hunched over his computer in his room, as usual. Stressing, as usual.

Walking in and closing the curtains as it's gotten dark and you'd attempt to get him to bed.

"Don't stress sweetheart" you said.

"I know. I know..." he replied.

"Get off the computer we can do this tomorrow. It's late, you haven't slept well in a while"

"But-"

"No, you need sleep"

You walked over and took his hand off the mouse, taking over your self and saving all the files before shutting the computer down. L sighed, knowing there was no winning against you. You were the one person he could never beat.

"Come on" you said, pulling him from his chair and over to his bed.

You flopped down, as did he. Both starring up at the roof. You could tell from the fact he was playing with the ends of his sleeves he was still stressed. He looked tense, worried and upset.

He worried you a lot sometimes.

"You ok?" You asked.

"Yeah... you know. Stressed. You said it yourself" he replied.

"I know you're stressed but what about sad? You seem upset"

"I don't know. I can't tell the difference anymore"

Your mind went back to what you said in the case file. He needed cheering up, should you do it? Would he get it? Would it even work?

An intimate moment with the one you love usually brings mood up, right?

Deciding to give it a shot, you turned to him, he turned to you as he noticed your movement.

"You seem tense, upset. I can help with that..." you said.

Through the darkness he could see your seductive gaze on him, trying to figure out your words.

"Like, cuddles?" He asked.

"Well yes, after"

"After?"

You put a hand on his thigh, gently resting it there and moving closer to him. Your other hand moving to his hips.

"You need to loosen up L" you said.

To your surprise, he caught on. Maybe he wasn't as clueless as he looked. His cheeks went red, not that you could see through the darkness anyway.

"Y-you're ready for that?" He said.

"Yeah. I always was, but I knew you weren't for a while" you replied.

"Now..?"

"As long as we're quiet no one will hear. But I won't do anything unless you say so"

Placing his hand atop yours on his cheek he wrapped his finger around yours and held your hand tightly.

"What about-"

"You don't have to worry about any of that. I took care of that ages ago, as soon as I was legal I went out and organised contraception"

He was silent for a moment, processing the words that had come from your mouth. He trusted you, he loved you, and you were trusting him. He knew something like this would loosen him up, and he'd be lying if he said he hadn't thought about it before.

"Ok... let's do it"