The Lost Songs of The End (10)

Clarification: the song above is the song that Ranboo hums in this chapter

After I finished pulling out all the splinters in Tubbo's hands I had carefully wrapped both of them in the gauzes Niki had given me earlier. After I wrapped his other hand completely was when I noticed the quiet snores. I carefully placed his hands in his lap and leaned back so I was sitting up straight, careful to not wake up the sleeping skull covered boy. His body just slightly fell back into me, not wanting to leave my warmth so I just let him stay there because I could still see the others working on getting the items. I let out a quiet sigh and began listening to the hum of the bees that were busy at work, and began humming an old tune that my parents hummed to me when I couldn't sleep, well one of the very few I remember at least. I eventually closed my eyes, still sitting up straight and humming seeing the very foggy images of my parents when I was younger. That was until I felt someone shiffining in my lap, I opened up my eyes to see Tubbo's dragon skull looking right up at me. "Sorry did I wake you?" I asked moving my hands to my sides, to help shift my position on the rock because my legs began to hurt and fall asleep a bit. "No, no it's just I've never heard that song before." Tubbo said, moving his legs so he was laying on top of me and the rock, with his head in my lap. "Oh well it was a song my parents sang to me when I couldn't sleep," I paused then looked away towards the trunk of the Purple weeping willow "Which unfortunately happens often." I mumbled quietly. Tubbo made a silent 'oh' sound and stayed silent for a few seconds. "Well if it means anything to you it sounds like a nice song, are there any lyrics?" "No, just a rhythm, that's how most songs from where I came from, that I remember were. Just notes." I responded to him. He looked away towards the large open grass field and mumbled a 'sorry' under his breath. "What are you sorry for?" I ask now leaning over him careful not to crush him but so I could look him in the face, well the face behind the skull. "You told me what they did to your family, sorry for, you know, bringing it up." He was now mumbling to the point where I had to have my ear only a few inches away to hear him. "Oh, well I actually don't remember them that much, let alone what they look like. It's all so blurry but I appreciate the concern." I said then moving my hand to the back of his head, where the skull ended and his natural hair was revealed, and began to mindlessly lightly twirl it around my fingers. "Oh wow that must," Tubbo paused, "that sounds awful. Not knowing your own parents." "Yeah but I don't remember much either because of my god awful memory but I do remember them being really nice though." I said now looking up into the many flowers that hung on the tree, and I could feel Tubbos' head tilt upward in the same direction to look in the same direction as me. "How much trouble do you think I'd get in if I snuck in here just to get away from everything." "Probably a lot." I began chuckling. Which led to Tubbo laughing, then the both of us laughing our heads off.

Tubbo rolled off me and on the ground landing on all fours, he tried to stand up multiple times but failed. The most he could do was to get himself to sit next to me on the rock. After we were able to calm our laughter and be able to sit in the silence, well almost Tommy and Raven had decided to team up together and tried to steal the very same mango Raven was trying to get earlier, Raven having to sit on Tommy's shoulder. Now are being chased by Sapnap and Bad. "You know what Ranboo?" Tubbo asked, looking up at me. "What Tubbo?" I asked, chuckling a tiny bit as both Tommy and Raven were swearing at the top of their lungs and bad was scolding them with many 'Languages' back. "When I first saw you I thought you were going to be all mean and tough guy like Tommy." Tubbo paused for a moment to laugh as Raven got hit over the head by Sapnap that had finally gotten off of Tommy's shoulder and Tommy got hit over the head by Tubbo's father. "You're not like that. And to be perfectly honest I think I like that better. I'd have no clue what I'd do if I had to deal with two versions of Tommy." He said leaning forward putting his elbows on his legs but turned his head so he could still look at me. "Ha ha yeah. I'm not sure what you would do if you had to deal with two of him." I said after a small chuckle.

Then a few moments later Raven came jogging towards us. She dubbed over trying to catch her breath. When she finally breathed for a few seconds she lifted her upper body and breathed out the sentence. "The chiefs say it's time to leave." Both me and Tubbo stood up and began walking over to the entrance, but I stopped to see that Raven was walking slowly behind us still not being able to catch her breath. "Raven?" I slightly yelled over to her, "What?" She snapped at me standing up straight. "Why did you get your name again?" I asked her, but she just stared at me like I was a crazy person. I put both my hands to my face like I was praying, in fact I was, and that was to any god to ask how the hell this child was alive. "Oh yeah!" She said drawing out her sentence then went and ran a foot towards us jumped and turned into her raven foarm. "WHAT THE HELL!" I heard Tubbo shout beside me, I laughed a bit at his reaction, still moving towards the entrance. "Since when could she do that?" Tubbo said now having to run up to me to walk beside me. "She's a hybrid Tubbo. She can shift into a Raven." I said slightly slowing my walking speed so Tubbo didn't have to speed walk in order to keep up. "Yeah well I didn't know that they didn't take physical features in their human form. I thought they had like things to show that they are hybrid in their human form too!" Tubbo was still slightly yelling in surprise at what had happened. "That's only with curses!" I said now confused on why he thought that. "I DON'T KNOW MAN!" He shouted as we reached the start of the plant boxes.