Every Hour, Every Minute

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

Can't say how the days will unfold,
Can't change but the future may hold
But, I want you in it
Every hour, every minute

This world can race by far too fast
Hard to see while it's all flying past
But, it's clear now,
When you're standing here now
I am meant to be wherever you are next to me

I love this song.

It is the most romantic song I have ever heard, and it's written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN, GREATEST SHOWMAN, LA LA LAND, I MEAN-

Legends.

Anyway, this song, no matter the circumstances, makes me warm inside.

Like Josh.

"All I wanna do," I hear singing, and look up from the apartment door to see no one in the main area. I quickly close the door to the apartment, unplugging my earbuds so that the song plays out.

"Is come running home to you," Josh sings, and my voice is caught in my chest. He's incredible.

"Come running home to you," Josh continues, coming out of the bedroom, a speaker in his hand as he grabs my phone and pauses my music, his music taken over.

He grabs my hands in his, getting on one-

"Oh my god," I breathe out, saying it out loud in surprise.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

He presses pause on his speaker, reaching into his pocket- oh my.

That looks expensive.

Ah, shit Josh, what did you do? You know I don't like-

"It was on clearance, relax. I took it as a sign," he whispers, and I laugh, which revealed to me that I'm crying.

Of course I'm crying.

This is the man I love.

"Josh-" I speak shakily, and he quickly shushes me.

"No no, my knee is starting to hurt, so I'm talking first," he laughs, causing me to do the same, "Maya Penelope Hunter, you are the light of my life. 'Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right.'"

"Stephen Richards," I say, and he nods.

"We opened up to each other the second we met, even if we had met before. It was like we met for the first time all over again, and we still felt comfortable with letting each other in. I love you so much Maya, and I want to promise you that I will make good on my word and marry you."

"Josh," I sigh, tears freely falling.

"Every hour, every minute," he sings softly, and I laugh at him, "So, my little Hummingbird, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I sigh in excitement, "Yes! I love you."

"I love you too," he says as he slips the ring on my left ring finger, and I bring him up to his feet and place a passionate kiss on his lips.

I love him so much.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

Just then, Gabi comes running into the room.

"You're my daddy now," she says, wrapping her arms around Josh's legs, "You're really my daddy."

"Yeah," I sigh, "We have to ask you something. Do you want us to adopt you?"

"What?" she asks.

"So, technically and legally, we aren't your parents. But if we adopt you, we can be your parents, really," I explain, and a huge smile comes onto her face as she starts to jump up and down in excitement.

"YyyyyyyyyyyAYYYYYYY!" she practically blasts off by how much and how high she's jumping right now. She's so Riley.

"We love you so much, Gabs," Josh says, and my heart warms.

"I love you too," Gabi replies, rewrapping her arms around both of our legs. But, that was short lived as she almost immediately backs up.

"What about Dillon? Will he be adopted by you too?" she asked, suddenly scared for her little brother's fate.

"Of course, Gabs," I say, "But now that we are going to get married, we have to wait until we are to adopt you two, or the paperwork won't be accurate since I'm changing my name."

"You are?" Josh asks, surprised.

"Of course I am. You don't think I haven't thought of this? I'm thinking 'Maya Penelope Hunter Matthews,' I can be one of the cool people with multiple middle names," I say, making him laugh.

"So, you're full on changing your last name to Matthews? Maya Matthews?" he asks, and I nod, placing a quick, soft kiss on his lips.

"I like the sound of that," I whisper.

"Gabriella Hunter Matthews," Gabi blurts out, and my eyes widen, "Gabi Matthews."

"You-" I start, practically speechless, "You want to change your name too?"

"Yeah," Gabi exclaims, a huge smile on her face, "I'll finally be a Matthews!!"

We laugh at her antics, but that is short lived as we hear Dillon screaming from his room.

Here we go.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 800
I'm obsessed with Barry and Iris, and I thought that this scene was so freaking cute and perfect I had to use it. I mean, BENJ PASEK AND JUSTIN PAUL.

Legends.
Absolute legends.

Anyways, this is the last chapter before the epilogue. I loved this book, and it will be just able to qualify for the Wattys!! Please, if you're even reading this, show me some support. It's taking a lot out of me to get this book to 50,000 words. It's hard. Props to the people who can just easily write out a book with 50K words, because... I mean.... LEGENDS.