Sibling

𝕛𝕠𝕤𝕙

Oh god, why did I say that? Especially the day before our day off with Riley, Cory, Topanga, and Auggie. Ugh, I'm so stupid!

Almost right after she drifts off, I quickly but carefully slip out of her grasp and out of the room, closing the door softly behind me. I lean against the door, sliding down it to my knees where I let loose.

I thought I learned from last time, but I made the same mistake I did last time. Ugh, I seriously need to work on my whole 'thinking before speaking' thing, it's going to ruin my life, again.

I come back into my reality where I hear a thud and Dillon's cries. Shit. I get up quickly, wiping my eyes and fanning my face from more tears to come until they slow down, then quickly open the door to Gabi and Dillon's room, seeing that Gabi is also crying with the bear in her hand, Dillon balling his eyes out on the floor close to her. I quickly scan the environment and know exactly what happened. Gabi had the bear, Dillon wanted it, she said no, he started his tantrum; she tried to give it to him, he refused; you know the drill.

I quickly kneel down to them and Gabi whips her head up to me, crawling over to me and sitting on my lap and I wrap my arms around her, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"I'm so sorry Uncle Josh," she sobs, "I needed Fuzz, so I was playing with him and hugging him and Dill, well, he wanted it but I wanted him. He was crying so I tried to help and give it to him and he wouldn't take itttt"

She sobs in my shoulder, "I know Gabs, it's okay. I know you need him, but Dillon is your younger brother, and we need to take care of him, even if sometimes you don't like how we need to do it. Once he gets older, it won't be like this as much, but right now, we need to get him to accept that Maya is his mother and we're his family first."

She nods then leans away from me, "Okay."

"Great, now let me take care of this," I say, moving her off my lap after I wipe her tears away and she nods.

"Good thing about babies," I say, "Is that they also love their siblings, and wants to be like them."

Her eyes widen and a small smile comes onto her face, "Really?"

"Yup," I say, "What's your favorite toy?"

"Moony..." she says, then quickly shuffles as she gets up and grabs her owl stuffed animal from her bed and sitting back down in front of her still bawling his eyes out younger brother, "Dillon, here. It's my favorite; you'll love it."

Suddenly, it goes quiet as Dillon's sobs stop and his tears slow down, a smile threatening to come forth. He quickly reaches his arms out for Gabi to take him, and Gabi looks over to me skeptically. I nod and move onto my knees, grabbing Dillon as she sits crisscross-applesauce and I place Dillon onto her lap. He immediately leans onto her chest and Gabi hands him her owl, and he hugs it against him, and my heart melts at the two. I quickly take a picture of the two of them and put a mental note in my brain to show that to Maya, but then I remember our situation, so I'll hopefully be able to show her if I fix this. I put my phone back in my pocket as Dillon babbles happily to her and she nods, smiling as big as ever.

 I put my phone back in my pocket as Dillon babbles happily to her and she nods, smiling as big as ever