Success

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

After a few Disney movies, Gabi is curled up on my lap, 1 and a half bowls of popcorn in her system.

"Any suggestions of what to watch next?" I ask, going back to the Disney+ home page.

"Aurora," she says.

"Done," I say, searching and playing it.

Just as it gets to where Aurora is older now, Gabi is fast asleep in my arms. I decide to call Josh and let him know that he can come back.

He picks up on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Hey Josh, I just wanted to say that Gabi is asleep, so girls night is cut short, so you can come back," I whisper.

"What?" he asks.

"Gabi is asleep on my lap, so I'm trying to be quiet, and I wanna tell you that if you need to, you can come back to the apartment," I whisper a little louder, very careful not to be too loud to wake up Gabi.

"Oh, sorry Maya. I didn't hear you," he says, talking a little quieter.

"It's okay Josh," I say.

"Okay, Dillon and I will be home in 15," he says.

"Okay, see you in 15," I say.

"See you."

"Bye," I say and hang up.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

After not even 10 minutes, the door to the apartment opens slowly, but quietly.

I turn my head to find Josh and Dillon coming in.

"Hey Josh," I say as I stand up, Gabi still asleep in my arms, now with her head on my shoulder.

"Hey," he says awkwardly, holding Dillon, who's asleep in his arms too. I laugh lightly.

"Well, I would like to say that today was a success," I say, and he laughs a little too as he places Dillon back into his carrier.

"Yup," he says, scratching the back of his neck, "Hey, do you wanna hangout for a little bit together after we put these guys to bed? It's only 7:30."

I smile, "Sure, sounds fun," I say, and he smiles back as he follows me into Dillon and Gabi's room and place them in their respected bed/crib, tucking them in. I kiss Gabi on the forehead and whisper, "Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight mommy," she mumbled with a soft smile on her face, moving to get herself comfy in bed. I smile to myself as I follow Josh out of the room quietly, turning off the lights and closing the door gently.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 403
Hey peaches!