Lullaby

𝕛𝕠𝕤𝕙

The second I get in my room, I answer the phone and bring it up to my ear.

"What the fuck bro? Where is she?" I say, getting right to the point.

"Woah, chill out. No 'ma brotha'?"

"No, Cor. Maya's a mess right now. I already feel horrible for taking this, cause I was one of the only things keeping her sane."

"I'm sorry bro."

"Where's Gabi?"

"She's right here, she's really scared. She asked for Daddy?"

"Put her on."

"Daddy?" I hear her voice, and I can already tell that she was crying.

"Hey sweetheart, are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," she says, "But I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Mama."

"Don't be scared honey, Mama's the one who's scared. She's worried sick about you, she just wants to know you're okay."

"I want Mama." she says, and I sigh.

"Okay baby, I'll get Mama," I say, going out into the main area.

"Babe," I say, making Maya's head whip around. I motion for her to come and she of course does, letting Farkle watch Dillon.

The second we get into the room, she looks at me with a confused face until I hand her my phone and she sees Cory's name on the top.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

I immediately take the phone from Josh and put it up to my ear, "Gabi?"

"Mama," she says, and I can hear how scared she is.

"Sweetheart, why are you scared?" I ask.

"You're mad," she says.

"I'm not mad," I breathe out in relief, "I was just so worried, I thought I lost you."

"No," she says, "Don't leave. You are always with Dillon and..... and I'm scared you won't want to be my mommy anymore, just Dillon's."

"What? I would never leave you, I promise. You are the reason I am able to say that I am a mother," I sigh, "Now that I know that you're okay and you're not scared anymore, can I talk to Uncle Cory?"

"Yeah," she says, and I hear shuffling.

"Hey Maya," he says.

"Hey Matthews, where are you guys?" I ask.

"5 Minutes," he says.

"Great, please get her home as soon as possible," I say.

"Of course Maya," he replies, and I breathe out a breath of relief.

"Okay, see you then," I say.

"See you," he says, and then I hang up.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

... 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

5 Minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. I rush to the door, quickly opening it and pulling Gabi into an embrace.

"I was so worried," I say as I stand up, holding her tight against my chest in my arms.

"I'm sorry Mommy," she says, and I shake my head as she lays her head on my shoulder.