Joy

𝕘𝕒𝕓𝕚

I wake up and no Mommy. A few tears start to come down when Uncle Josh comes.

"Hey, Gabi, what's wrong?" he asks, and I shake my head.

"Mommy left me," I cry.

He shakes his head, picking me up and holding me in his arms, "Gabi, Mommy just went to sleep, she was really tired. She's in her room."

I start to smile, "Really?"

"Yeah. I haven't known you guys for long, but I know for sure that she would never leave you. Why would you think that?" he asks.

I shake my head against his shoulder, "No."

He nods, "Okay, we don't have to talk. But you know I'm here right? I'll be here to talk."

I nod, "I know Uncle Josh, thanks."

"Of course Gabi," he says, and I tighten my grip around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Riley was right, you are the coolest and best uncle," I say, making him laugh.

"She's not wrong, but then I don't have a lot of competition," he says, and we laugh, "Now, how about some late lunch, early dinner?"

I nod and smile. He brings me to the kitchen and puts me down at one of the stools.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

𝕛𝕠𝕤𝕙

"So, what would you like?" I ask her, looking through the fridge.

"Strawberries," she smiles, putting her hands in front of her innocently, and casually moving herself back and forth.

"Strawberries it is," I reply, grabbing the Tupperware of strawberries that Maya cut up earlier, pouring some strawberries into a small bowl and grabbing one of her forks. I then place it in front of her, "There you go."

"Thank you!" she smiles, almost immediately starting to dig in. I laugh lightly.

"You're welcome," I say. Then, Dillon starts crying.

I walk over to him and pick him up. I grab a towel, placing it on my shoulder and start to burp him, deciding to get to know Gabi a little more.

"So Gabi, what do you like to do?" I ask.

"I like to watch Disney," she says.

"Ooo Disney is fun," I say as Dillon lets out a good burp.

"Yeah, and I like coloring," she says, bringing my full attention.

"Really? What do you like to color?" I ask, and she smiles, trying to get off the chair herself but I help her down gently with my free hand. She runs into her room and about 30 seconds later she returns with a gallon sized ziploc bag with a few Color Wonder coloring books in one hand, and some big color wonder markers in a small cylinder Tupperware makeshift pen cup in her other hand. She comes back to the kitchen right as Dillon lets out another good burp and he starts to babble, motioning that he's done. I gently place him on the counter and help Gabi back up onto the stool. She puts the markers and coloring books onto the island and smiles.

"These," she says. She takes out her Doc McStuffins coloring book and opens it. Dillon reaches out his hands for the bag, babbling happily and I laugh lightly, shaking my head.

"Sorry dude, no can do," I say, then pick him up and open the freezer, hoping that there's a teething tool of some sort in here, "Bingo."

I reach out and grab the small butterfly teething toy. (a/n: this type of thing)

I then hand it to Dillon and he immediately grabs it and puts it into his mouth

I then hand it to Dillon and he immediately grabs it and puts it into his mouth. I chuckle lightly and turn back around to Gabi. She's already opened up to a page, scribbling somewhat in the lines with as many colors as possible in one hand.

"Maybe try one marker at a time Gabi," I say, and she looks up to me and smiles.

She nods and I'm surprised as to how fast she listened as she picked one color, placing the rest back into the Tupperware pen cup. I sigh as I place Dillon back on the counter, his back leaning against my stomach as I make sure to have a hand on him for some more support. I watch as Gabi happily scribbles on the page and switches colors every couple of seconds.

I love this family.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 708